Too much money, can it be a bad thing.

Hi

During my first season as Man united there was takeover rumours of the club, anyway to cut a long story short the club got takenover.

Anyway move on to the close season and the new owners give me my transfer budget for the season......£150 million, I had to check becuase I had never seen that before.

Well straight away I was like a women at the January sales...I went crazy, sold some players got some new ones in...in total spent £211 million.

Now this is where the problems started, I had a team which was nothing like a Man U side, players I had bought I didn't need and on a personal level felt that I had ruined my game.

The questions are...was that too much money, what would you have done, has anyone else had this happen to them?

I look forward to your responses

yeah too much money can go to your head mate lol. clearly it did. I am in season 5, 3 at rangers and 2 at spurs and have spent £210 million in all season lol, recouped a total of £260 million though. I would not know what to do if my board gave me that cash :D. Not going to happen anytime soon though :(.

Every team has areas, which could be improved. Improvement of these areas could cost a lot of money for ManUre:

1. GK

2. RB

3. DMC

4. LW

I would invest to better players for these areas and also to future stars in order to cover all other areas.

Simple as that.

With my well documented, and stupid rules that I play by, I usually find that players don't stay at my club for more than two seasons :rolleyes: So I usually end up selling quite a few players each season for considerable profit and then buy cheaper players to replace them.

too much money is bad, I know this too. transfers in fm are so good and massive part of the game, when you have a big budget you go crazy and end up with like 2-3 different teams in 1 squad and no link to players. also i have found you play worse cos they dnt gel straight away!

I hate having that much money.

I much prefer to be forced into bargain signings or being forced to let one target go because I can only afford one.

Exactly, when I get that amount of money the OP mentioned, I feel like a child in a candy store and buy everything and eat is, then becom sick. Happens to me in FM, buying many players which in the long run I don't use them at all and sell them for less money.

Normally I jump ship in such a case.

I'd have probably blown it tbh!! :o

It's a fantastic situation to find yourself in, I would have really enjoyed shopping around for the super stars. I don't usually get the opportunity as I play with Wigan.

Seriously though, I suppose my head would have overruled my heart at the end of the day and I would have bought youngsters etc as I usually play long term games :)

I think it was in FM07 I started as Norwich and spent about £3.5m over two seasons, one in the Championship and one in the Prem. I then moved to Newcastle, did the typical Newcastle thing (buy a new defence and still leak goals) and didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

This time round I had £0 budget so had to sell to buy (which thankfully you can do now) and then given £6.5m for the January transfer window, which I will have to plan very carefully. I think I am better at finding value for money on a small budget.

I ended up with some great young players, I kept the age to below 25 except for the goalkeeper who I bought ( Seb Frey £39 million).

I got Zapata in at right back to take over from Gary Nevile, Benzema ( £42 Million, never worth that) came in to the strike force plus 4 midfields.

The other clubs knew I had money and just wouldn't give up their players. I even bid £80 million for Kaka and got no where ( I wouldn't have gone though with the deal)

Thanks to everyone who posted back:thup:

Archived