Hall of Fame/Manager points

Do these count for anything this year? as the same is happening as last year im 4th in the HOF and im applying for new jobs and they are going to managers that arent even in the top 100. Ive applied for the newly promoted clubs and i still get nothing i think ive applied for 20+ jobs in 2 seasons and ive yet to get 1! some of the team are just slightly higher than me as well

It might take more than a few years to get a big job as in real life most of the time managers have been managing 5-10 years before they get a big job.How many years has harry rednapp been managing and hes only just got the tottenham job.

that's not a big job though lol

nah i see where you're coming from, true :thup:

How many manager points have you got and what trophies have you won ridley

Heres mine:

Points-1935 in 2016

Trophies-

1 La liga

1 Spanish Cup

1 Spanish super cup

1 Uefa cup

1 Europeon super cup

1 dutch cup

The best job i could get was getafe who were fightin relegation after applying for 10-15 jobs in 6months

im only into season 3 on current game after getting Luton to the championship in 2 seasons and winning World cup with England, did get Luton to both semis of cups when in league 1.

Ill post points when ive got them at hand

thats what i find really frustrating that an ex player can beat an established and succesful manager to a job especially when the team you are applying for are just better than you.

btw ive got 1023 manager points and ive just started season 3

Dundee job just became available which i applied for in the end it went to Paul Sturrock who is 88th in the Hall of fame and whos Plymouth is 20th in championship where as im 4th in HOF and 6th in Championship. What more do i need to do?????

Just started 4th season with Blackburn (11/12) and Capello retires. Applied for the England job hoping to beat Steve Coppell to it for once. :rolleyes:

Couldn't believe it when they actually offered it to me as never got it in FMH08 (before crash bug ruined my game anyway). :D

I was top of the HOF with 2705 manager points. :)

Going to see if Jambo Dave is right about unrealistic board expectations after 3 seasons of dominating. :confused:

However, does being England Manager make it easier to get one of the 'big four' jobs?

I finally got a huge job in my game. Started in Australia and have won titles there, belgium, england with hull and then treble plus champions league with stuttgart in Germany and then finally got the Chelsea job in 2029.

I have had 10 jobs including a successful run as Croatia manager before I got anywhere with the big jobs but now I am finally there I am feeling the pressure.

It's tough at the top so be careful what you all wish for...

Manager points/Hall of Fame doesn't directly translate into which managers will get which jobs. For instance, ridley, you have so far only achieved success in lower reputation competitions which has a bearing on your reputation in the game (and therefore which clubs will give you a job). Maybe in the future we should remove this confusion by making manager points linked more closely to reputation/getting a new job.

I think that would be easier Glenn but i thought a world cup winning manager would get the Dundee job over Paul Sturrock who has achieved nothing and i thought i may have got one of the newly promoted teams as well but nothing.

So how do players that have just retired seem to beat me to bigger jobs as well?

Manager points/Hall of Fame doesn't directly translate into which managers will get which jobs. For instance, ridley, you have so far only achieved success in lower reputation competitions which has a bearing on your reputation in the game (and therefore which clubs will give you a job). Maybe in the future we should remove this confusion by making manager points linked more closely to reputation/getting a new job.

yeah i think most of us would rather this

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived