I dont get the moaners!?

Hi All,

In this I mean no offense but after reading alot of different threads about various things I ahve found something that really really bugs me!

MOANERS!

I can't understand people coming on this site and moaning about the game and every little bug and every little things SI do.

If you dont like the game, I wouldn't expect people to

1. be playing it

2. come on to official forums and spend time moaning about a game they dont like.

Weird

That is a good point, I just feel that alot of people are posting forums moaning about the game and every little aspect of it. Ok if a bug has annoyed you or crash I see why they are upset but moaning about loading screens, or how crap they are doing, which would be down to the tactics and managerial skills, then blaming SI for it all is a bit too much.

Like if the game made you that angry I wouldn't play it, and I wouldnt come on to forums wasting more time whinging about it.

I recently got GTA 4, for example. And i hated it. But I didnt go onto rockstar forums maoning about it and saying its crap blah blah.

I havnt played it, and have now traded it.

Today it took me 4 hours in an internet cafe to activate the game. So far I've wasted 10 hours (and a lot of money) trying to download bugged patches. I'm not playing the game even though I desperately want to. Didn't happen to you - whoopy doo. I'm along-standing and loyal customer and I don't think I deserve all this hassle. So what am I doing wrong again? :mad:

POSTSCRIPT: I did activate the game and did a trial run. Now I can't open it at all - when I click on the FM09 icon I'm told it's not a valid Win32 application. WTF does that mean? It really is not right that I buy the game and have to go thro' all this carp and can't play the damn thing. Is it any wonder that some people resort to downloading pirate versions that actually do work?

That is a good point, I just feel that alot of people are posting forums moaning about the game and every little aspect of it. Ok if a bug has annoyed you or crash I see why they are upset but moaning about loading screens, or how crap they are doing, which would be down to the tactics and managerial skills, then blaming SI for it all is a bit too much.

Like if the game made you that angry I wouldn't play it, and I wouldnt come on to forums wasting more time whinging about it.

I recently got GTA 4, for example. And i hated it. But I didnt go onto rockstar forums maoning about it and saying its crap blah blah.

I havnt played it, and have now traded it.

i agree with you about people moaning about results and there strikers not scoring and the other silly things is a bit stupid, i moaned about transfer fees myself but after i played the game a bit more i got the point others were making on my thread but people with genuine problems about actually getting the game to run have a valid point and these are the people si and the moderators and people with tech experience should be helping the most because they are missing out on a great great game

Some people are complete twits.

If someone pays 30 odd pound for a game, they have the right to moan. Specially when the game is shipped with game wrecking bugs.

And people come here to discuss the game and problems, there allowed to.

And whoever said they hated GTA4.. there clearly mentally ill.

every game releashed has bugs and with patches they get fixed and feedback that is helpful.

You make a game 10 people test it

you beta the game 10000 people test it

you release the game 1000000 people test it

thats how, especially pc games work in development.

you show me one pc that has never had a patch in the last 5 years.

The problem with this thread is that you have labelled everyone who has a problem with the game as a moaner, which clearly isn't the case. Phompehnandy has created a constructive thread asking for answers, so he shouldn't fall into the same category as people who came here and swore and wrote incomprehensible nonsense about their problems.

There are many people who have had issues with their game and they have every right to come on the forums and make their complaint known, as long as it is coherent and constructive. TBH I find a thread talking about it more irritating than a maoning thread, no offence, it's even more pointless.

every game releashed has bugs and with patches they get fixed and feedback that is helpful.

I never said games don't need patches.

But its totally unacceptable for a game to come with game breaking bugs.

i agree every game these days has a patch but to say that people who moan are out of order is wrong they are entitled to have an opinion just like you i betting if you were sitting at home on this day still not being able to play the game through no fault of your own you would be having a little moan to

No i said I hate the moaners!

People with problems who need help, or people reporting bus are fine, its the ones who cant do well at the game, or who moan about the loading times, or who slag the game because they think its unrealistic!

ITS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE!

Indeed, I heard a 30 year old man talking about having sex with a prostitute in a videogame and I actually felt sad for him.

I was actually in Belfast when the latest one came out. We were working opposite a Game store and the queue reached halfway to Dublin! Some of the things they were saying were shocking; "I hope you can do this to that prostitute" and "I hope this weapon does that this time round."

People always have and always will blame the game rather than themselves. It was the same with 08, and eventually it dies down so no big deal really.

I don't have a problem with a moaner thread as long as I can read it and it isn't aggressive or offensive.

People with problems who need help, or people reporting bus are fine, its the ones who cant do well at the game, or who moan about the loading times, or who slag the game because they think its unrealistic!

How old are you? Do you have a job? Do you work 40 hours a week, so you have little time to play it?

Did Daddy buy his hard earned cash and buy it for you, or did you earn the money yourself and buy it?

Something tells me you don't appropriate how much money £30 really is.

People have every right to moan.

that i agree with but spare a thought for those who still cant play the game, me and you are sitting at home loving the game and i feel for those that are missing out its such a shame. i saw in another post that they are testing beta 9.2 so im hoping they release the patch soon for those who cant play it yet

I was actually in Belfast when the latest one came out. We were working opposite a Game store and the queue reached halfway to Dublin! Some of the things they were saying were shocking; "I hope you can do this to that prostitute" and "I hope this weapon does that this time round."

Very depressing, but then again I love Silent Hill :rolleyes: I tell myself that SH can never happen and is pure fantasy whereas GTA is supposed to be based on real life. I'm the same with films, I love fantasy and fantasy horror, but I couldn't watch something like Texas Chainsaw because I find it disgusting.

As for 14 year olds, you're right they shouldn't, but blame the parents. I don't know how many times I got abuse when working in places that sold games or dvd's and I refused to sell 18's to under 18's.

matt4ani!

sorry for having a decent job, spending my own money on this game and liking it.

I should be killed now

I didn't say you can't like it. I just said its unfair to have a go at people who are not having such a good time with it as you are.

To be fair to the OP, he made a clear distinction between those who criticise the game and those who simply rant and rave about it. I still think the thread's pointless, but I think he's being misinterpreted a little.

Archived