Re: Unbelievable final day title race!

okay, fm09 is amazing.

i played as Arsenal, went into the final day of the season 2 points behind Chelsea with a final day home game against Man U!, needing to win by 4 clear goals and hoping Chelsea draws at home or loses against Wigan.

Man U lost their previous game against Liverpool and had no hope for the title but they could still pip me to 2nd place if they beat me.

Anyway, i couldn't imagine Chelsea losing at home against Wigan after they had only conceded 19 goals all season. And obviously a draw was useless since i had to beat Man U by 4 clear goals in any case.

Anyway, one can hope. Especially when i scored 3 quick fire goals in the first half! and when i started putting up the latest scores widget, the score was still 0-0 between Chelsea and Wigan. But Wigan went down to 10 men in the first half.

ok, so i was thinking this would be the most amazing moment ever in my FM history if i were to win the title on the last day like this. The team totally destroyed Man U and we lead 5-0 till the end. and i kept my eye on the Chelsea-Wigan game till the end... You cannot imagine the anxiety!!! and Man U had a couple of chances at the end where if they scored, i could still have given it all away even if Wigan held on..

and this was the ending...

englishpremierdivision2rr4.th.jpg

englishpremierdivision2ix9.th.jpg

englishpremierdivision2hm7.th.jpg

englishpremierdivision2ip1.th.jpg

Now on to the Champs League Final vs Real Madrid...

my heart was thumping non-stop. It was surreal when i saw Chelsea 0-0 Wigan at the end! First game in the season that my latest scores widget was on from start to finish. Not to mention checking and rechecking the table widget to make sure i was still top!

oh, Rooney and Berbatov hit the post twice in the last 10 mins as well.

Haha, that sounds really amazing.

On sort of the same subject, in fm08, i had a very similar experience, I had to win my last game to stay in the premiership having been promoted with coventry, it all depended on i think, watford losing to man utd aswell. anyways, I won and it said Watford - Man U had drawn meaning I stayed up. Went out of the match and into the game and it said Watford had won 3-0 and the latest scores thing just hadnt updated that match. Never been so ****ed off with a game in all my life.

LOVING FM09 though. Who thought you could sell Zat Knight for £5mil!

I find this years fm a lil bit more closer than other years. I won the title with Arsenal by 1 point and it was close between me, Chelsea & Man Utd, even Man City was with us until the last few games when they started dropping points. All I can say is if you drop too many points in the top flight then you wont win the league. I find it ALOT better. Even other transfer signing by other clubs are alot better.

Archived