Does "Watching a player" give a better judement then "scout report"

That's a good question. I'm not actually that comfortable with using my own judgement of a player based on watching them because there are times when I think a player has played a blinder and then he gets a rating of about five.

I don't think it's less accurate, but it is less detailed. If they watch the player for three matches, they will provide more detailed info and give you an idea of valuation etc, this won't happen if you only ask for a report. Either way their view on whether the player would be a good signing or not will remain the same.

I wouldn't base my purchases on viewing players myself though, last night I was getting really angry with my Romanian DM because IMO he wasn't closing down enough, he ended up getting the man of the match :rolleyes:

the more accurate the scout reports will be.

I think this is a misleading line as explained above, nothing actually changes, so it's not like their initial impressions were wrong from the report card.

More accurate (to me anyway) indicated that a star rating could change after they've watched them for a couple of matches, whereas in reality this doesn't happen.

The more you send a scout to watch a player, the more accurate the scout reports will be.

You'll notice sometimes if you get a Scout Report Card once, and then ask the same scout to do it again, it will sometimes add more lines of information to the report.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.

i suggest that if the scout is scouting on 1 match i assume that the scout can also scout on other player on the field not only the player u ask the scout to scout for.that would be a nice new feature i think

Actually it would be the reintroduction of an old feature. Scouts used to say "I was watching Bob but also saw Fred and he's good". Well, I'm paraphrasing but still.

I've had players be scouted and reported as a 4 star recommendation, but on further scouting had that recommendation drop to 3 stars. Maybe my scout took a disliking to him :D

I've had this too, but I think it's more likely that the club's reputation/board expectations changed in the time between scout reports, as it seems the star-ratings are relative to these sort of factors.

I've had this too, but I think it's more likely that the club's reputation/board expectations changed in the time between scout reports, as it seems the star-ratings are relative to these sort of factors.

Exactly RT--, you are right again IMHO.

May be you should either exchange skorp in SI QA or add to his team and make it your team :)

skorp, I am sorry to be sarcastic :)

I don't think it's less accurate, but it is less detailed. If they watch the player for three matches, they will provide more detailed info and give you an idea of valuation etc, this won't happen if you only ask for a report.

I have to diagree with most of you here.

I have scouted maybe 200+ players in my first season, and all of them using the 'report card only' option.

i find that if the player is interested in joining my club, the scout will give a valuation of what i can expect to pay, and if he isnt interested, then no evaluation.

Valuation was only an example of the greater detail you are guaranteed when scouting games rather report cards. It may give that info on report card from time to time, but if you want to be sure of getting it you have to set your scout to scout matches.

I have to diagree with most of you here.

I have scouted maybe 200+ players in my first season, and all of them using the 'report card only' option.

i find that if the player is interested in joining my club, the scout will give a valuation of what i can expect to pay, and if he isnt interested, then no evaluation.

I have been scouting 10 000+ players, trust me mate - those people who are claiming scouting for more matches brings more details are right.

After report only + 3 more matches you have complete evaluation, comparison, recommendations when to approach, added value of purchase and any other player details.

The report comes back instantly - think of it as the scout watch highlights on MOTD. Logically, the more research he does, the more accurate the report will be. There's still no substitute for you making your own judgement though.

yea but I dont believe watching him yourself could help tell if the player is actually good. I mean sometimes I have players scouted from one division below who were named player of the year for that division and the scout would tell me not a worthwile signing.

I think thats one of the downsides of fm...I would prefer if they good gain points in CA just by playing good so that if a player has a great season he would immediately be considered a hot product in the market.

yea but I dont believe watching him yourself could help tell if the player is actually good. I mean sometimes I have players scouted from one division below who were named player of the year for that division and the scout would tell me not a worthwile signing.

I think thats one of the downsides of fm...I would prefer if they good gain points in CA just by playing good so that if a player has a great season he would immediately be considered a hot product in the market.

Right, so if you can't trust your scout, go and watch the player yourself and make your own judgement. I have a habit of noting the player of the year and top scorer in the league below me, and going to see his one of his first games of the following season (plus scout reports) with a view to putting in a bid for him if he's affordable.

Archived