Interesting thing about Bayern

About to finish my second season in the Premiership with Arsenal, when i get offered 2 players from Bayern for a sum. So i was thinking that i should check out the team to see what players they had.

The thing i found out was that from a first-team squad of 30 players, 27 players are put up for sale. Another one is leaving the club on a free transfer. The interesting part is that they have clinched the 1st place in the league, with one game to go. Finances are secure.

Is there anyone out there who can help me understand what is going on?

If i remember correctly i was offered Lucio and Klose.

I reacted on the fact that most of them was transfer-listed by request. Hm....i have to doublecheck that one again. Maybe i've overlooked something.

Nope. They seem to be either: "resigned to leave the club, looking to the future or not sure he would like to leave the club".

Can't really find an apparent reason why they have requested to be put on the transferlist; or been transferlisted.

This is slightly different though. They have the entire first-team put up for sale, apart from 3 players. And it doesn't seem like ther squadstatus means anything. They're everything from Key Player to Not Needed.

There's a bug where players who request a new contract are transfer-listed and offered to clubs, for some reason. However, Bayern listing their entire squad is crazy, and way in excess of any case of this contract bug I've ever heard of, so it may well not be that.

They do have a lot of debt, because of the Allianz-Arena, might be because of that.

I'm playing with Bayern and financially they are much better off than they were in FM08...their annual sponsorship income is 70 mil. € and wage spending is around 60mil. € per year. I don't think that financial issues would cause something like this. On the other hand, my friend also plays in Bundesliga with Hoffenheim and he told me that in his game Bayern is easily winning everything for first three years in a row, so they must have a great squad still.

I heard on these forums before that the debt Bayern have is not covered by the income Allianz Arena and sponsorship creates in FM. Somebody seemed to have problems with this and wanted Bayern to get more money. Seems that there rerally is an issue, but on the other Hand BayernMB doesnt seem to have it.

In my opinion there should be some tweaking as Bayern probably is the financially most stable club in Europe, creating a surplus every year itself without any sugar daddy or state help. And this has been the case for a long time. Even building Allianz Arena dient change this and created lots of additional income. They even could afford to buy out 1860 München from the stadium and still have a positive balance.

Bayern's income and wages will be changed in the next patch but it is already on a level where they should be able to make big profits and stay number one in Germany easily.

So their financial situation shouldn't be the problem there. No idea what is going on!

Well i certainly haven't got a clue. Tried to grab a few cheap players, but i was too late :p

It's just that i would love to find out why it happened, whether it's a bug or not doesn't matter for me. I'm just of the curious kind :p

Just found out now that Werder Bremen is doing the same. Not so many players as Bayern but still. On my game Werder ended up 8th, and their finances are rich.

Could be worth to mention that the German division is running on minimum detail-level, but playable (as in, not view only).

Yeah i was thinking about that right now actually. Think i will post it in the Bugs Forum to see what kind of response i get there.

If anyone has any suggestions about where to post it, preferrably from the more experienced forum posters, i would be more than happy to hear it.

Archived