gretna

Yeah, I hope they can develope a promotion/relegation system between SFL/Non-League. I would increase competition and also give Gretna '08 a chance to make a comeback.

yeah i think the system they have now is stupid, whats wrong with how the english leagues work? why cant the scots work the same?

If they've got trouble with how they'll do P/R, I've got my own idea: There's 3 top non-leagues - EoS, SoS and HL, so the top team from each league enters a play-off with the bottom SD3 team. Teams drawn randomly, and the winner plays SFL football next season. Then the non-league is shuffled accordingly. Do you think that'll work? Perhaps I should post this on the SFL thread in the Football Forum.

I think the problem lies with the 'smaller' clubs and leagues themselves, rather the establishment. These leagues have their own associations, which means the clubs are not members of the SFA/SFL and therefore cannot participate in pro/rel to their leagues. And obviously these associations don't want to just cease to exist any more, they want to survive - hence the status quo.

There has been some intigration in cup competitions recently though.

And believe it or not, there is a 'kind' of prom/rel tool already in place in the 3rd division. If a team finishes bottom for 3 years running they have their full membership suspended, and the members will vote on their fate after another 2 years?!? A bit quirky to say the least.

Archived