Player Homesick

I am Red Star Belgrade. Have signed Simon Vukcevic from Roma. One season after signing him i get report he is having personal problems and is Homesick, and wants to visit Montenegro. I give him 1 month leave of absence, but still hasnt come back after 3 months.

Surely if he is playing in Serbia the city of Belgrade is close enough to visit neigbouring city Podgorica in Montengro inbetween games and weekends/after training. How much difference in cultural lifestyle there be bewteen Serbia and Montenegro.

Further more the Red Star side is comprised of entirely ex Yugolslavia state players and staff, no big cultural shock of team of all south amerian imports.

Team has Goran Pandev, Hasan Salihamidiz, Nikola Zigic, Branislav Ivanovic etc

I am Red Star Belgrade. Have signed Simon Vukcevic from Roma. One season after signing him i get report he is having personal problems and is Homesick, and wants to visit Montenegro. I give him 1 month leave of absence, but still hasnt come back after 3 months.

Surely if he is playing in Serbia the city of Belgrade is close enough to visit neigbouring city Podgorica in Montengro inbetween games and weekends/after training. How much difference in cultural lifestyle there be bewteen Serbia and Montenegro.

Further more the Red Star side is comprised of entirely ex Yugolslavia state players and staff, no big cultural shock of team of all south amerian imports.

Team has Goran Pandev, Hasan Salihamidiz, Nikola Zigic, Branislav Ivanovic etc

Hmmmm, that's a little unrealistic, I agree. To resolve it, however, can you sign one of his favourite people? Or can you sign another Montenegro international?

Archived