Buying and selling players

Hi

I am aston villa and without the cheats, im obv on a small budget, if i want to sign decent players ie, barton parker and reo-coker i have to pay over the odds. Even when the manager places them on transfer list for say 1 mil you end up having to bid 10 mil to have an accepted offer. And teams dont generally bid for my players or show interest. What am i doing wrong or do other people have this problem and how can i resolve it?

thanks

Hi

I am aston villa and without the cheats, im obv on a small budget, if i want to sign decent players ie, barton parker and reo-coker i have to pay over the odds. Even when the manager places them on transfer list for say 1 mil you end up having to bid 10 mil to have an accepted offer. And teams dont generally bid for my players or show interest. What am i doing wrong or do other people have this problem and how can i resolve it?

thanks

I'm Villa too although I have sugar daddy switched on to raise the budget a little. It is annoying though when it takes ages to sell players because no-one shows an interest. I find that if you lower the asking price this then generates interest and then you have to negotiate the price. Sometimes teams will offer more and sometimes they pull out again. I very rarely actually get the players price that players are valued at and if I want to buy someone I always have to go above the valuation. Really annoying!

I usually just go for players whose contracts are running out - Nigel Reo-Coker at the end of season 1 and Torres in 2008 for example.

The most I've paid for a player is 14 mill for Fernando Gago (and that was the board making the offer) but he has yet to prove himself.

Anyway good luck!

Archived