What does this mean?

It means ure computer cannot handle the game. Either you have too many programmes running, check that ure not downloading anything while playing the game or that you havent enough Ram available, though in theory this should have no effect. SI have said they're aware of this problem and like every problem they are dealing with it. However we've been hearing this since FM08 and every time we're told they use testers for the game, I guess this year Stevie Wonder was busy :)

The annoying thing about the message is you get it and then the game quits. Would be nice if it would let you save before it dies down. I usually get this when I got the game running on my laptop for a few days straight without rebooting or anything.

this has probally nothing to do with your computer.

If you take a look under "Technical issues" you will find some issues regarding this matter.

I had played the game for over a week without any problems and suddently when i wanted the load FM09 "FM09 is running dangerously low on memory and will now quit" popped up.

I have 3gb's of RAM so that shouldn't be the problem.

I've heard, and this is not confirmed by SI, that this is a bug that will be fixed in the next patch which will be released within x-mas.

I have not been able to play the game since monday.

I have sent an e-mail to the support asking to get a statement on whether this was an issue they are going to fix, but have not received an answer, but i'll suggest that you do the same - that way they will know that this is something they should take a look at.

kind regards,

Erik

FM09 is running dangerously low on memory and will now quit.'

What does that mean?

it used to do that to me with FM06. i had all sorts of downloaded extras like skins, match balls, nets, etc. i got rid of them and it seemed to work.

To the OP : as you said, you're leaving the game open on a laptop for days on end, try saving your game after 4 or 5 hours and reboot! Or at least reboot more often than once every 3 days. This release all the virtual memory as well as RAM that fm could be eating up due to a bug.

Archived