Getting very tired - Condition

I got my perfect tactic now doing well with it, but why do my wingers always lose their condition and go down to 60-70 by the 70th minute therefore have to sub them, and then they are struggling to be fit for the next game.

Is this something to do with closing down?? Creative freedom?

Btw...

I have noticed that tactics can weigh in heavily on how much your players tire during a match. I have had this with some various tactical setups that I've tried and have quickly abandoned them since those are faulty tactics. Remember to consider that.

Now since I have abandoned these particular tactics I can't tell you what causes players to tire. But a lot of people play with great gaps in their defender/midfielder/attacker mentality. This will naturally result in players working harder to reach team members and a wiser approach will always be to keep consistency in relation to team mentality and player mentality. Don't settle for the default "Set To"-settings... They are not good.

Other factors are training, how much you allow your players to get tackled and how you handle OI.

Your tactics might work result-wise, but if it wears your players down to the bone is it really a working tactic? No...

wingers and wing backs tire quickly normally they are the ones i do sub around 60 minute

if u make ur winger do a lot of running then its not gonna work out unless u got subs for thw wingers

Actually my wingers last the entire match... So does my wing backs. As I mentioned in an earlier post tactics also have a major effect on how quickly your players burn their energy. In my book a tactic that wears out wingers and wing back by 60th minutes is faulty and should be looked upon.

well i dont want to edit my closing down or my forward runs so hmmmmm

The ' problem' is that finally this aspect is realistic. We were spoilt in previous versions. In FM08 I could have my players on high tempo, high closing down, high forward runs etc. throughout every game and there was never a problem with condition. That is ridiculous. Now SI have improved the realism so I have to think about short bursts rather than the full 90 mins. Tougher, but much much better IMHO.

my players are absolutely fine (obviously the odd game they get to 60%) on the wings working up and down, maybe take a look at their natural fitness and stamina when picking or buying for that position. At least it shows they're actually working instead of being lazy and finishing the game at 90%

Archived