Time for a difficulty slider?

For the veteran FM player. We can all agree that FM09 is more realistic compared to the previous year. But at the same time, new people to the series are going to find this frustrating, and frustrating isn't a good way to pull in new gamers. And not every single gamer wants, 'total football realism.'

So does anyone think that it's time for a difficulty slider? or something along them lines?

I have my own differculty slider, teams predicted in the top third is "easy", middle third "medium" and lower third as "hard".

Obviously it may not work out like that, but then what would a slider do anyway? Make it easier to win? unlimited transfer funds?

While i do agree with what your saying, i believe that the challenge is part of the fun of FM.

The first time i played FM i was useless, and the whole game was a bit overwhelming. However, over time i developed good tactics, good managing techniques and slowly but surely i became pretty proficiant at it!

I remember winning the league for the first time, came down to the final day of the season, against the Pool, had to win to claim the league, Patrick Viera, 30yards, get in :D

It really started my love of FM and ever since it's been getting better and better, i'm of the opinion that 09 is the best yet, i'm totally hooked!

well...the thing is, choosing difficulty in the beginning of a game, could let players play and win something with their favorite club, even tho the club might suck...

i mean...i would never want to play with real, barca, manure, inter and such clubs if i were a brescia fan... but i still would like to be able to win something with my favorite club..

luckily now, i support milan.. so it's not a real problem for me..but anyway..

people tend to get waaaaaaaaaay to hung up about "its not realistic" and crap like that...

No... Look at what it does to Fifa IE. Fifa have great potential but their solution to difficulty just kills the game in major ways. It could potentially bring more harm than it could do good, so I would vote "no" in fear of it ruining the game. In simulation type games the target should be realism as this is pretty much implied by "simulation" (Kinda anyways).

Besides I give FM credit for being the most realistic manager game on the market (could do with a tune up, but it's pretty good). FM should aim for realism and realism don't allow space for difficulty settings. Also most people that I notice talk about the game being to hard, appear to be rather impatient/immature types (Not calling anybody "noobs" or thinking that I'm better than others. Just reffering to the tone most of these people write in). You need to learn the game, which I would find fun to do again. I've had a bit of fun with this version since it has required me to alter and mess around with some tactical assumptions. Yay :)

Archived