A physical game!!

I'm probably going to sound a bit like Mr Wenger here but what the heck, here we go....

I've been trying the FM09 demo (the patched demo) for a couple of days and so far very impressed. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm playing as Man Utd and on 22nd November 2008 (in game date) we get Bolton at home in the league. I know what to expect, they will defend tight, get bodies behind the ball, try and stop us playing and see if they can catch us on the break - its going to be physical game I thought and my word I was not wrong!! By the end of the game Bolton had commited 42 fouls, yes 42 - and in a game lasting 93 mins and 3 seconds that averages out to about a foul every 2.3 minutes. It was just making me laugh in the end the amount they got stuck in.

Well my boys put in a decent performance, I watched the entire game and our passing and movement was good though our finishing wasn't the best. Ended up 0-0 though I think the overall winner was my physio cos he must have been on overtime the amount of times he was on/off the pitch. Lost Berbatov to 2 months with a thigh strain and hargreaves for a month with a heel injury. The crowning glory I think must have been Gary Megson's comment to the press after the game that Man Utd were not reaching their full potential. Well I'm not surprised Mr Megson I'm sure I spotted a Bolton sniper in the stand at one point!!

So that was the day Bolton came to Old Trafford. I don't think a 0-0 draw has ever made me laugh so much in the history of FM :)

Archived