Non EU Players

Hi Everyone. I'm managing Barcelona and I'm only allowed 3 non EU Players. Also in Spain it seems to vary how long different players can get Spanish nationality. The problem is, I've got an Emirati who is eligible for German nationality and a Costa Rican who is eligible for Belgian nationality, but for some reason they have not taken it up. Is there any reason for this and is there anyway I can make them do so, or is there a way round the 3 non EU player rule, e.g by using the B team?

Using the B team worked as a bypass in FM08.

South Americans who speak Spanish as a mother language are eligible for Spanish nationality in 2 years. Others are eligible in 4 years.

It was a notorious problem of FM08 that players wouldn't accept second nationality. There isn't any way to force a player to.

It sounds like the issue still hasn't been modified. Fm needs an interaction button that allows a manager to encourage a player to take up nationality. things like "If you dont take it you don't play". This is the case irl and it amazes me that FM still hasnt got this implemented within its engine. SI, for some things are uptodate but for others they seem to be living in the dark ages.

Hi Everyone. I'm managing Barcelona and I'm only allowed 3 non EU Players. Also in Spain it seems to vary how long different players can get Spanish nationality. The problem is, I've got an Emirati who is eligible for German nationality and a Costa Rican who is eligible for Belgian nationality, but for some reason they have not taken it up. Is there any reason for this and is there anyway I can make them do so, or is there a way round the 3 non EU player rule, e.g by using the B team?

The player has to be resident in that country to get nationality. So they won't be able to get it if they are in Spain with you.

Archived