Leeds are so rich???

I don't get this. I thought leeds united was dead broke when they got relegated. I started a new game and see a transfer budget of 1 mil, and a voluntary load of only 2 mil. Thought they were down by billions?

An even greater shock was when Leeds took me in by 2009, their balance was 9 mil, with 6 mil to spend on players... in league 1. Has anyone noticed this? Is this stuff for real? Or a darn bug?

Where do they get all that cash? Drug dealing?

I don't get this. I thought leeds united was dead broke when they got relegated. I started a new game and see a transfer budget of 1 mil, and a voluntary load of only 2 mil. Thought they were down by billions?

An even greater shock was when Leeds took me in by 2009, their balance was 9 mil, with 6 mil to spend on players... in league 1. Has anyone noticed this? Is this stuff for real? Or a darn bug?

Where do they get all that cash? Drug dealing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

i cant answer your first post but i can your second

basically, leeds were pretty much relegated last season, and so they called into administration whihc leads to a 10 point automatic dedcuation but didnt affect them as they were pretty mcuh relegated already </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's so bad about going into administration?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macyst:

Going into administration. That means they are broke!

I don't know how they manage to get that money for the transfer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm serious, 08, they were under a dept of only 2 million pounds! With 1 Million to spend on transfers! And thats League one man! 1 mil on transfers is whack!

By 09 they have 9 Mil. Highest received fee for a player was 400k only. Do you think its the gate receptions? Season tickets? Chuvaness?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

they basically bent the rules and exploited them, i think, dont u dare quote me on that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um... ooops?

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flair:

Ken Bates. Thats the answer to why Leeds make money out of nothing. Its also the reason they got -15 points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you mind expounding on that?

Leeds United are still a big club generating a lot of money.

The only reason they were in debt was due to over spending about 5 years ago.

So when they went into administration the debt was cleared meaning they no long have any debt but they still have a lot of money coming in.

They're getting the top/2nd attendances in League One aren't they? With the highest prices?

Can't be too bad business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's so bad about going into administration? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a league rule that if clubs go into administration then they get hit with a 10 point penalty. I don't really understand the point of this rule but its there and clubs have to live with it.

Don't really understand why Leeda have -15 points though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charliewright:

I thought they got the 15 point penalty for taking advantage by going into administration last season instead of the begining of this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The -15 points has nothing to do with exploiting the rule, but most likely didnt help their case.

If I remember this correctly, when they came out of administration, aka Bates just changed the name of the owning company more or less, they didnt file a specific document to the league. It was something to do with an agreement to repay credits if/when the club gets into a good financial position.

This hit them with the -15points.. they appealed it but all 96 or whatever number of teams which make up the leagues voted to retain the full deduction they faced.

they didnt registerin time for the new season or something, but yeah if there getting 20,000 plus, sometime 30,000 plus week in week out and paying barely anything out (like not renting goldfish like ridsdale) its going to go up a lot

if they dont go up this season though i reckon loads will stop going.

and i like the fairness of letting the other clubs vote on the deduction, of course theyre arent going to let them have them back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's so bad about going into administration? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a league rule that if clubs go into administration then they get hit with a 10 point penalty. I don't really understand the point of this rule but its there and clubs have to live with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's there so that - for instance - a club can't go into debt by buying a load of good players or a new stadium etc., then go into administration in order to only have to pay a fraction of the debt and emerge the other side still with the good players/stadium/whatever which would give them an unfair advantage over clubs that struggle to keep withim budget and out of administration.

The unfairness was highlighted when Leicester built the Walkers Stadium and bought some decent players, then went into administration, only paying a fraction of the debt and emerging to walk the Championship with said players and stadium intact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

I wonder if SI will do a patch if Leeds rightfully get their 15 points back from the Football League!

Leeds haven't made their money from nothing. Try a 30,000 average attendance in League One. Loyal Fans! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loyal fans - rubbish

They deserted then when they left the Premiership. They continued to leave them again

last season when they were heading to League 1.

This season has seen an upturn so perhaps the word you were looking for was 'fair weather fans'

IRL in the CCC last season Bates put the prices up that much that many stayed away. I don't know what the prices are this season but am guessing they are the highest in league 1.

As for the question about another SI patch for if Leeds get teh 15 points back. No chance - they cheated last season and the league never forgave them for it. No amount of European court appearances will change that. Bates is just a little pi**ed off that a loop hole he thought he'd got through and given him egg on his face.

Despite my post, I'd still like Leeds in the CCC - used to like the games between Leeds and Hull

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IRL in the CCC last season Bates put the prices up that much that many stayed away. I don't know what the prices are this season but am guessing they are the highest in league 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£28 for a mediocre seat against Crewe last weekend. Meaning a crappy seat will be about £22 and a decent one £32-£35. Is that the highest? If not, I will be gob-smacked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> they cheated last season and the league never forgave them for it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, sir. They didn't cheat - they merely exploited a loophole. icon_wink.gif

And as someone who followed the story (for work as well as a fair-weather fan) it was the administrators who screwed the debtors over, not the club, and that's the basis for Bates's legal challenge. At the time the alleged offences were committed Leeds United didn't actually exist as a football club.

Still, 15 points isn't too bad a penalty when you consider the club could have been kicked out of all professional leagues. When Bates bought Leeds back after they went bust, he had to register them as a different company name, which technically the league didn't recognise.

Now THAT would be easy to patch.

Leeds are still in the European Top 20 in terms of club income worldwide. The debts we had were halved by Gerald Krasner when he was chairman, then wiped out in Administration. According to Uncle Ken we are now in the black and as nearly 30,000 fans turn up for the majority of home games (at Premier League pricing by the way!!) Its actually cheaper to watch Man Utd's home games than Leeds! So its right that Leeds make money in FM08

Oh and by the way the chances of us getting our points back is zero, or less than. First of all we signed a document that allowed other clubs to vote for us but secondly can you imagine the other lawsuits that would hit the league from other promotion contenders if we were given our points back. Ken knows he isn't getting them , he is just keeping it going to try and get the siege mentality back as it was when we won all those games at the start of the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Loyal fans - rubbish

They deserted then when they left the Premiership. They continued to leave them again

This season has seen an upturn so perhaps the word you were looking for was 'fair weather fans'

Despite my post, I'd still like Leeds in the CCC - used to like the games between Leeds and Hull </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying Leeds fans are disloyal? Have you not seen our attendances? Even now we're getting regularly between 25,000 - 30,000! I don't think you get "fair-weather fans" in League One! Not much to celebrate going to places like Crewe!

And I's like to play Hull in the CCC next year. Might guarantee us some points!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilUK:

Leeds are still in the European Top 20 in terms of club income worldwide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think that you are quite deluded there... There are 20 teams in the Prem that will receive more income than Leeds + teams in the Championship receiving parachute payments. That's not including all the other teams across Europe playing reguarly in the Champions League, etc...

Leeds deserve all they got, more in fact. They've tried to cheat the system, many of the fans (a higher percentage than at any other club in my opinion) are hooligans (I'm not pointing the finger at any FM Forum users) and they often get 20 fans arrested in a weekend. They weren't punished for the disgrace that was the last game of last season against Ipswich where a couple of hundred fans invaded the pitch and started throwing things at many children and disabled supporters in the Ipswich end. They refused to leave the pitch for half an hour, fighting the police along the way. Any other club would have been hit hard for something as bad as this, Leeds are living in the past, atleast a large number of their fans are (large number, not percentage), hooliganism ceases to exist as it used to but some Leeds fans are determined to keep it going.

Leeds bent the rules, for me - they shouldn't have been allowed to start the season. For financial reasons recently Boston United were relegated twice, from League Two to the Blue Square North, whereas Leeds have got off extremely lightly indeed.

Many aspects of Leeds United, for me, are just what a modern football club shouldn't be like.

Shame on the most corrupt and hooligan ridden club in the country.

im a leeds fan, i used to go to games but then moved away so i cant anymore, i had no idea they were still charging premiership ticket prices, and then payig league one wages, quite shocking really.

but on hooligans it was alwasy a small percentage when i went, just the odd group of lads, imo stoke , where i live now, are much worse its a whole stand full of hooligans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilUK:

Leeds are still in the European Top 20 in terms of club income worldwide. The debts we had were halved by Gerald Krasner when he was chairman, then wiped out in Administration. According to Uncle Ken we are now in the black and as nearly 30,000 fans turn up for the majority of home games (at Premier League pricing by the way!!) Its actually cheaper to watch Man Utd's home

games than Leeds! So its right that Leeds make money in FM08

Oh and by the way the chances of us getting our points back is zero, or less than. First of all we signed a document that allowed other clubs to vote for us but secondly can you imagine the other lawsuits that would hit the league from other promotion contenders if we were given our points back. Ken knows he isn't getting them , he is just keeping it going to try and get the siege mentality back as it was when we won all those games at the start of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

---------------------

No way in the world are you anywhere near the top 20 clubs in terms of income. No way in the world.

As a Leeds fan I will admit there is a large number of "hooligans" that support Leeds. However, this is still a minority and the majority of fans are law-abiding citizens.

Leeds are trying to minimise this (banning alcohol-sales at half-time in certain stands, etc.) to their credit.

Whoever was quoting the ticket prices was talking rubbish. The prices probably are slightly high for a League One club but for the last match I went to (vs Tranmere) tickets were £20 for decent seats and £28 for the better seats. If the club can fill the majority of the seats at this price then of course they will set high prices! They aren't going to reduce prices unless there are empty seats! (I know the top tier of the East Stand isn't used but again Ken Bates has told us the valid reasons why - increased staff and police costs).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htfc_ttid@yahoo.co.uk:

Leeds deserve all they got, more in fact. They've tried to cheat the system, many of the fans (a higher percentage than at any other club in my opinion) are hooligans (I'm not pointing the finger at any FM Forum users) and they often get 20 fans arrested in a weekend. They weren't punished for the disgrace that was the last game of last season against Ipswich ................

Many aspects of Leeds United, for me, are just what a modern football club shouldn't be like.

Shame on the most corrupt and hooligan ridden club in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about? This is possibly the most biased post ever! (Typical terrier...)

We didn't cheat the system - we went into administration after relegation was confirmed anyway. We abided by the rules and since the Football League have closed this loop-hole. (Not LUFC's fault). I will agree with the "20 fans arrested in a weekend" comment - again mentioning the last match vs Tranmere I'm sure the number was 18 but wasn't helped by the fact that a bus-load of Tranmere fans went looking for trouble my marching into the pub next to the ground and started singing Anti-Leeds songs. Unfortunately, we have a damaged reputation and other clubs fans try to make the most of this. I'm sure it will be the same when Leeds visit Huddersfield next month. Leeds were punished for the pitch invasion - although it was a measly fine - and this has happened on the last home game of the season for the last few seasons. This is one of the things a lot of the (law-abiding) Leeds fans would like Mr. Bates to sort out.

The most corrupt club in the country? (Again another comment with no factual basis at all). Leeds have managed to pay their creditors 11p of each pound owed whilst in Administration - could rise to 50p depending on future promotions. Compared to other clubs (Luton, Bournemouth et al who have paid close to 1p in the pound) our creditors have come away better off. How the hell are we corrupt?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htfc_ttid@yahoo.co.uk:

Leeds deserve all they got, more in fact. They've tried to cheat the system, many of the fans (a higher percentage than at any other club in my opinion) are hooligans (I'm not pointing the finger at any FM Forum users) and they often get 20 fans arrested in a weekend. They weren't punished for the disgrace that was the last game of last season against Ipswich where a couple of hundred fans invaded the pitch and started throwing things at many children and disabled supporters in the Ipswich end. They refused to leave the pitch for half an hour, fighting the police along the way. Any other club would have been hit hard for something as bad as this, Leeds are living in the past, atleast a large number of their fans are (large number, not percentage), hooliganism ceases to exist as it used to but some Leeds fans are determined to keep it going.

Leeds bent the rules, for me - they shouldn't have been allowed to start the season. For financial reasons recently Boston United were relegated twice, from League Two to the Blue Square North, whereas Leeds have got off extremely lightly indeed.

Shame on the most corrupt and hooligan ridden club in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everytime England play, they often get more than 20 fans arrested. By your logic England must be the most hooligan ridden country in the world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

Its a league rule that if clubs go into administration then they get hit with a 10 point penalty. I don't really understand the point of this rule but its there and clubs have to live with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's there so that - for instance - a club can't go into debt by buying a load of good players or a new stadium etc., then go into administration in order to only have to pay a fraction of the debt and emerge the other side still with the good players/stadium/whatever which would give them an unfair advantage over clubs that struggle to keep withim budget and out of administration.

The unfairness was highlighted when Leicester built the Walkers Stadium and bought some decent players, then went into administration, only paying a fraction of the debt and emerging to walk the Championship with said players and stadium intact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear hear. Cheating beggars... icon_smile.gif When coventry got relegated, they had over £50mill of debt and a (completely unnecessary) new stadium being built so had to sell pretty much the entire team off.

But look where it all got leicester in the long run!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

Oh dear.

Another person who doesnt know the facts.

Boston were relegated 2 divisions because they didn't pay 100% of their "Football Creditors" as per FA Rules.

Leeds on the other hand did.

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leeds, on the other hand, were 'bought out' by a new company without the transaction being made via a CVA agreement of creditors. For that, they should not have been given their 'golden share' to enter the League at all. Instead, the League bottled it by coming up with the 15-point reduction. Perhaps the agreed arbitration will insist that the League stick to it's own rules as it should have done in the first place. You ought to be careful what you wish for. icon_biggrin.gif

Leeds going into administration meant the wiping out of their debt.

I think they now owe £9 million to former bosses and directors but they have agreed to stave it off at the moment hence why the debt is only the £2 million CVA.

AND I libe in Inverness up at the top of Scotland and travel 7 hours there and 7 hours back for each game so Leeds do have loyal fans.

We have not done anything bad and are asured our 15 points back!

FA and Footbal League are a joke!

I'm in 2010, and Leeds got 10 mil now. No dept. Weird really. They should be dead broke with young kids running around the pitch!

Apart from the hooligan comments earlier, I believe the EPL squad they had were full of thugs.

Hated Bowyer, Mateo, and Alan Smith, cuz they were always looking for a fight. I really hated them to the bones. At least when David Batty was still there, he didn't cause any trouble.

So sad that Leeds dropped to fast...

I don't think Smith or Matteo were looking for a fight! Leeds fans would take any of those 3 back at the minute. I think you're getting confused between looking for a fight and giving everything to win.

And I agree with homerjnick - the Football League are a joke.

15 points

Who gives a ****

We're Super Leeds

and we're going up.

MOT

I don't think you are going up, I think you've bottled it. The departure of Gus Poyet was never going to help and while many see Poyet's departure as more significant in the dip in form that Leeds have suffered, Dennis Wise's departure can't exactly help the club retain stability.

I think you're quite likely to get the play offs but who knows you might miss out on those aswell. If the 15 points are given back it'll be an absolute disgrace, the Football League have given their word, in fact Leeds United agreed that they could not take legal action against the Football League if they wanted to keep hold of their Golden Share.

The arrogance of Dennis Wise did suit Leeds very well but he's gone, can Mcallister steady the ship in time? I don't think so.

Another season in League One, I don't know whether to laugh or cry, it's a question of - do we want Leeds to remain in League One as they deserve and have that small percentage trash our town/city centres or do we want rid of them to keep our bus and pub windows in one piece?

Hmm ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Loyal fans - rubbish

Despite my post, I'd still like Leeds in the CCC - used to like the games between Leeds and Hull </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying Leeds fans are disloyal? Have you not seen our attendances? Even now we're getting regularly between 25,000 - 30,000! I don't think you get "fair-weather fans" in League One! Not much to celebrate going to places like Crewe!

And I's like to play Hull in the CCC next year. Might guarantee us some points! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I did say the Leeds fans are dis-loyal. The only reason you are getting 25-30k this season is because you were winning. Average last season 20k with a losing team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

everytime England play, they often get more than 20 fans arrested. By your logic England must be the most hooligan ridden country in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Yes

We haven't won since January 14th! And we regularly get more fans than all the Championship and majority of the Premiership! Even last week we got 21,000 against Crewe (hardly a glamour tie). Even when you are winning you don't see that many people. In fact when Hull and Huddersfield are winning you wouldn't see that many people combined! LOL.

And I don't know for certain but I bet both Hull (last season) and Huddersfield (later this season) see that their biggest attendance of the season is against Mighty Leeds!

have that small percentage trash our town/city centres or do we want rid of them to keep our bus and pub windows in one piece?

Hmm ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure if anyone can trash Huddlesfield town centre really. it's not like there is much to trash anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whoever was quoting the ticket prices was talking rubbish. The prices probably are slightly high for a League One club but for the last match I went to (vs Tranmere) tickets were £20 for decent seats and £28 for the better seats. If the club can fill the majority of the seats at this price then of course they will set high prices! They aren't going to reduce prices unless there are empty seats! (I know the top tier of the East Stand isn't used but again Ken Bates has told us the valid reasons why - increased staff and police costs). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your want to try being a Brighton fan, £25 for a seat in a stand with no roof. And lets be honest, not the greatest of standards on the pitch. At least there's a good atmosphere, oh wait we haven't got that either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MSCCG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

everytime England play, they often get more than 20 fans arrested. By your logic England must be the most hooligan ridden country in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by compo187:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whoever was quoting the ticket prices was talking rubbish. The prices probably are slightly high for a League One club but for the last match I went to (vs Tranmere) tickets were £20 for decent seats and £28 for the better seats. If the club can fill the majority of the seats at this price then of course they will set high prices! They aren't going to reduce prices unless there are empty seats! (I know the top tier of the East Stand isn't used but again Ken Bates has told us the valid reasons why - increased staff and police costs). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your want to try being a Brighton fan, £25 for a seat in a stand with no roof. And lets be honest, not the greatest of standards on the pitch. At least there's a good atmosphere, oh wait we haven't got that either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do they get away with that, im sorry but thats far too much, premiership prices arent that much above. stoke charge 18 pound for adult ticket and its a fiver in midweek.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do they get away with that, im sorry but thats far too much, premiership prices arent that much above. stoke charge 18 pound for adult ticket and its a fiver in midweek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair it's a rented stadium and we've also had the most drawn out planning application in history that had to be payed for. Albion fans have moaning in our genetic make up I think but come the end of the year when the builders move in at Falmer it will all seem worthwhile. Seeing as I live half a mile from the new stadium I cant wait.

Archived