Player ratings, Too precise?

Im really not sure i like the way the new player ratings are in the game... during the match the player ratings, i think are too precise..

if a player has 6.5, and then misses 1 pass, it drops to 6.4, and i think its a little too unfair since all players miss a pass once or twice during matches.

in my oppinion, the playerratings would be better of if they increased or decreased by 0.5 instead of 0.1, wich would make them range from 0.5 to 10.. instead of the way it is now...

i sure would give enough info on wether you should praise or shout at a player att half/full time, and it also would give a better overview of how things are going during matches, instead of the rating dropping/rasing almost with every pass a player makes.

so, im for a change in player ratings, how about you?

yeah, i know change is usually good... but still... i think an increase by 0.1 is too little...too precise..

for instance.. i don't know ANY newspapers in the world giving out grades in 0.1 increases when they use a scale of 0-10..why? well, i guess it's to damn precise to judge a player that way... when you read a playerrating on the internet or in the paper and you see a player getting a 6.5 rating, you know he played a so so game.. but a 6.8 rating..was it a good game`? a bad? a medium? or what?

and like i said... getting an overview on how the whole team are playing is kinda hard when you have to really focus on what is good, what is bad, what is medium...and so on..

if they keep this system, they should really give us more options in team-talk and full time talks..

The problem was, generally speaking the old system wasn't a 10 point scale - it gave poor feedback as generally most players would only score 5, 6, 7 or 8 - and an occasional 9. The new system is much more helpful, especially to newer players who need all the feedback they can get!

well..i still don't agree...

look at newspaper grades... 85-90 percent of the players will hade the grading 5-7 and some higher som lower... sp i really think a grade increasing 0.5 is more realistic that a grade increasing 0.1...and if you really want more feedback..check all the players stats during the match...

i think this system is too complex now, the grades are there to give us a hint on how the player is doing... not pinpoiting exactly... that is what individual matchstats are for...

Archived