Problem

Hi

A couple of days ago I was playing fm 2009. When suddenly my laptop crashed.

When I restarted my laptop and tried to play fm, I got several errors.

The first one is this: "Could nog use database location '/C:/Users/Name/Documents/SportsInteractive/Football Manager 2009/db/9.0.1' - Reverting to the default location"

After that fm starts en when it gets to the start screen, if closes itself and the following error comes up: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line1 of last_saved_game.xml"

When I click on OK another error arrives: "Football Manager 2009 is already runing"

I already uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but I get always the same messages, but on an other computer it works fine.

Does someone know how I can fix this?

You can do a clean reinstall by following these instructions:

Windows XP: Delete Sports Interactive folders from: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. Also delete Sports Interactive folders that appear in any other User Application Data folder.

Then go 'Start' -> 'Run' -> 'regedit'. From here make a backup of your registry before deleting SI folders in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HK_LOCAL_MACHINE (they are in the subfolder called Software).

Vista: Delete Sports Interactive folders from: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming. Then do the registry edit as above.

Yes i deleted the setting folder and fm opened like normal. But my save game would not load and the load last game is greyed out.

skorp would what youre describing keep my saved game? i can play a new game but my saved game is the important thing.

i think ive lost the best and most successful game ive ever had on fm :(

Yes i deleted the setting folder and fm opened like normal. But my save game would not load and the load last game is greyed out.

skorp would what youre describing keep my saved game? i can play a new game but my saved game is the important thing.

i think ive lost the best and most successful game ive ever had on fm :(

Thanks man, it worked

Hope you find back joy in playing fm

Archived