Best and Worst Signing Of Your Managerial Career

ok bascially what has been the best signings that you have made that have stood out for you in your entire career and the worst players you have ever bought. mine are

luca toni to man united 3 games no goals and then he goes and damages his spine

cabelo to man united unknown youngster 150 games 120 goals worldbeater!!!!!!!!!!

ok bascially what has been the best signings that you have made that have stood out for you in your entire career and the worst players you have ever bought. mine are

luca toni to man united 3 games no goals and then he goes and damages his spine

cabelo to man united unknown youngster 150 games 120 goals worldbeater!!!!!!!!!!

On one game I started my career in Wales at Newtown, and signed a 20 year old Christopher Mackie in my 2nd season for the extortionate price of 5k (my entire transfer budget).

He scored about 2 goals a game in the 5 years he was there, and was fantastically loyal, staying at the club and not demanding high wages. Then I moved to St. Johnstone and took Mackie with me, and he continued to score a goal a game. In my last year there, he kinda got phased out (he was 32 at the time)

Then I moved to Grantham in the Conference North and took him with me again on a free, this time as a player/assistant. Not only did he save the team from relegation, he pushed the team up and got promoted through the playoffs. In the Conference now, he continues to score about 2 goals every 3 games.

He's easily my best ever signing. Taken him everywhere with me for 14 years, scores like mad, is dirt cheap and madly loyal to whatever team I happen to be at. In a word, legend!

My worst player was the Polish striker Powel Konopka. Again for Newtown, I signed him to partner Mackie up front. He had unbeliveible stats for the Welsh Premier, but cost tons of money in wages (40k a year). In his first season he didn't score a single league goal (got 2 in the cup IIRC) in about 30 league games. I gave him another season, but over both season, he scored about 5 league goals and about 5 cup goals. I couldn't afford his wages so I sold him on a free for Bangor, where he promptly scored on his debut....the bugger

hi, the best players of my career were Benjani and Giovanni Torre of Portsmouth, I started as them and they play most of my games.

My worst signnings were Paco Gallardo and also Luca Toni. I paid £12.25m for him in the 2006/07 season. he played 92 games in 4 season and scored 27 goals (06/07= 39games 10goals, 07/08=49games 16 goals, 08/09= 3games 1goal, 09/10= 1game 0goals) and thats a bad recored for a striker I used my entire wage buget on

• 2 weeks later...

Archived