Regen nationalities and gaining languages

Just curious how other people were finding the above.

I'm at an English premiership club and despite full knowledge of over a dosen countries I have thus far only got English youth players, not even a single Welsh or Irish one.

The other issue is my foreign players don't seem to be learning English. I've had one Brazillian for three years now and he's only listed as speaking Portuguise. Is anyone else finding this?

You're unlikely to witness foreign regens in the short-term if you've got some basic knowledge of a country. Something like a foreign scout will yield players of that nationality after a few years, but sometimes not at all. On the other hand, an entirely, say, Turkish corps of backroom staff will give you more chance of having Turkish regens three or four years down the line.

The player's ability to learn English will depend upon his adaptability stat, and, to an extent, the need to speak English. If you have a lot of Brazilians, or even Portuguese, the player will be a bit less inclined to learn English. Three years is a bit of a long time for a player not to speak English. If you're having concerns about his playing and integration because of this, you can sell him, or even start loaning other players to Portugal or Brazil to build up their skills in his language :).

So five seasons is short term in terms of youth players coming through and your knowledge? I've had full bars for the likes of Brazil, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, USA, Italy and Jamaica for a good four or five seasons, but I've not seen a single non-english regen. Is this usual?

How long will I have to wait for Scotish, Brazilian or Polish players to come through?

I am managing FC Utrecht. It is 2011 and I have just released one of my regens after seasons in the youth squad. He is Dutch, and has a completely Dutch name, but in the two years I had him I never realised he had Japanese as a second nationality! Most bizarre.

Well are they all plain English or do they have 2nd nationalities...

Most youth that come through the academy (ie like during an Intake) Will be English - Because they are generally picked up locally.. And if they are from overseas tehy prob have residency/chosen England as thier prefered nation (for internation purposes). The foreign players are usually poached and therefore not from the standard intake..

But yeah, do they have 2nd nationalities?

I only completed one season and I got a Scottish kid with potential to be a leading Prem player (I was Leeds - But I was cheating, so I restarted... Waaay more fun doing it properly I have found, and Im getting better results HAHA)

I am about to complete this season so will let you know if I get anymore...

i find this can take a bit longer with the bigger teams (liverpool, etc) it took me a few seasons to start getting aussie and other regens (i am an aussie/english manager and have signed 2 aussie staff and 1 kiwi just for sh*ts and giggles really). now i tend to have about 60% english and the rest various. pity only a few english have looked good so far, oh, and 1 yank, but he'll play for england one day!

Archived