FC United

SI say no new leagues will be added in the near future. And if they were to add something new, I feel there are more important leagues to add than the next tier of English football.

The next tier of German football ;) The one we had after season 1 in FM08, then lost again :(

I'd always welcome more leagues (especially more depth in existing league systems), but it doesn't sound like it'll happen. Most of all I want the Faroese league, but I reckon Peru will send a manned spaceship to land on Pluto before that happens!

While I do agree with you that there are other leagues to be added, English players are more than likely to be the bulk of the FM custom, so the English leagues should be a priority in my opinion.

There are more than enough people who send data to SI regarding players & teams, I don't see how 1 more league would make such a difference.

My 2 pence.

even so my earlier point still stands that the bulk of the football manager customers are going to be british, so why not give us a bigger choice from british leagues?

I don't support FC United, infact I'm a Man Utd fan, but bringing up a smaller man utd team from the grass roots of football seems appealing to me.

even so my earlier point still stands that the bulk of the football manager customers are going to be british, so why not give us a bigger choice from british leagues?

I'm not convinced that is true...Britain is tiny and FM is sold in a global market. I have no idea what its sales are like in other countries, but even if percentage-wise a far higher percentage of British people buy the game than any other nation I imagine it will still be nowhere even close to a majority of customers in absolute numbers. The population of Britain is ~60 million and I don't know how many of them play football games, but there are loads of countries with populations for which even 15 million people would be a tiny tiny percentage of their population!

maybe Si could make a halfway house system. Let the comunity make the leagues activate them with the editor this way those who want active leagues to number of tiers could do there own research and editing.

We could even get groups doing it and providing them as downloads.

I would love to go all away down to tier 1 of englash league try to get a club up all non league or start a career at this level. A FM from germany would like to do it in his country. If si opened up the editor to add leagues and be active this would be possible.

It takes away the need for SI to do it themselves who knows if a group or individual do a fantasic job si could use the work and put in future games.

Thats my 2 pence it could be easily done for everyone its upto si if they want this sort of level editing of the game. I dont see there would be objection or issues of a system which is capable of such user developing and personalising. It could move FM into a NEW era.

While I do agree with you that there are other leagues to be added, English players are more than likely to be the bulk of the FM custom, so the English leagues should be a priority in my opinion.

There are more than enough people who send data to SI regarding players & teams, I don't see how 1 more league would make such a difference.

My 2 pence.

id agree with that

perhaps new leagues could be added, if they were to be added at all, based on purchasing demographics

on a semi sidenote - with the new choose your own feederclub option you could choose that non league team youd love to manage but isnt in the blue square leagues yet

as soon as my club let me ill have canvey as a feeder club, loan them a few players, get them up and then one day take them over

To be fair how would you go about rating players and scouting players who play in the Unibond and Non-Leagues? The 1-20 system is a bit sketchy IMO anyway, for lower teams most players are rated between 1-10 in their attributes but for a league even lower than the Blue Square North and South you would have to rate players mostly between 1 and 7 surely? Unless they were a great talent for that level.

The FM match engine isn't designed to adequately reflect the differences in abilities between players at that low level, and it's probably not worth redesigning the match engine and indeed the whole 20 point scale for them. There's a lot of research that would be needed to rate players in large numbers of teams with probably less than 80 regular supporters each.

Must say that the screenshots of the CM 3D display look far superior to FM's though it doesn't mean the player motion or underlying engine is as good.

Personally I’d go the other way. SI still haven’t got a financial model that remotely suits tier six, so adding tier seven should be a long long way down the to-do list. Then of course you have the research problem thrown up by the mass of player movements in this non-contract environment, including the large scope for ****-ups caused by the many players who end up dual registered with both Conference and feeder league clubs over the course of a season.

The player ratings can’t handle it, nor can the economic model. I’m an advocate of the ‘if you’re going to do something do it properly’ school of thought, and as such the gamey version of the Conference North/South is enough of a turn off already.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Now I have a dilemna. Seeing as I won't be able to get FM till March anyway, I have the choice of:

- A management game I know and like, with more realism

- A chance of after one season managing my beloved Cray Wanderers (If it's only IPL which is available, if it's N/S aswell I can play immediately).

I'm in trouble.

Archived