Constant fan blowing

d d

Out of all the FM's i have played on my laptop.

This must be the first one i have had when the fan constantly blows. On all the other versions the fans used to just blow every now and then. But this one as soon as you load the game it just blow non-stop.

Is anyone experiencing this?

well your cpu runs up to 100% when applications run etc. Normally when your cpu is being over worked or consistently high the fan will kick in quicker than usual. It tells you in task manager normally when you select Ctrl/Alt/Delete

Will the computer be alright if it's been over worked?

I think it's my gfx card because it makes 10x more noise during matches than it does just calculating results/progressing to next day.

In fact, it drains it so much (maybe there is a secret application such as Far Cry running in the background whenever an FM match is played) that I have to put a normal desktop fan (which I use in the summer) in front of the PC and turn the thing to max whenever a game is played else it'll overheat!!

Oh for optimisation of the 3D Match...

I think it's my gfx card because it makes 10x more noise during matches than it does just calculating results/progressing to next day.

In fact, it drains it so much (maybe there is a secret application such as Far Cry running in the background whenever an FM match is played) that I have to put a normal desktop fan (which I use in the summer) in front of the PC and turn the thing to max whenever a game is played else it'll overheat!!

Oh for optimisation of the 3D Match...

How did you do that?

That's what i nned to do.

i'd just like to say, dont play it on your bed or anything (i.e. rest it on your quilt) if your fan is going for it, otherwise it could overheat and screw your hard drive (much like i did, then i was withouth FM for around 3 months)

i'd just like to say, dont play it on your bed or anything (i.e. rest it on your quilt) if your fan is going for it, otherwise it could overheat and screw your hard drive (much like i did, then i was withouth FM for around 3 months)

Damn i need to stop doing this then... i normally rest my laptop on top of my second pillow.. but the fan is on the side panel and back panel nothing on the bottom so it should be okay then??

Damn i need to stop doing this then... i normally rest my laptop on top of my second pillow.. but the fan is on the side panel and back panel nothing on the bottom so it should be okay then??

I did not know you could do that to your hard drive

I had this problem. Even if the fan is on the side your pillow is bloody excellent at heat retension. Basically heat still needs to escape through conduction at the bottom of the casing, resting it on a pillow or a duvet makes that impossible and really ramps up the chances of it overheating.

I had this problem. Even if the fan is on the side your pillow is bloody excellent at heat retension. Basically heat still needs to escape through conduction at the bottom of the casing, resting it on a pillow or a duvet makes that impossible and really ramps up the chances of it overheating.

I always had this problem too before I decided to sod laptops altogether and return to the bulkiness but superior cooling abilities of a desktop.

I found something flat and metal (I used the side panel from my old disused desktop PC case) helped a lot when using my laptop in bed.

Archived