Oddity with 'offer to clubs' function

Hi

Just wondering if anything else is having the same issue with the offer to clubs function as I am, I’ve done a search but couldn’t find anything on it.

Basically my problem is:

Say that I have a goalkeeper and Juve are interested in him.

I then offer him to Juve for 3 million.

Juve make the bid and I accept.

Juve start negotiating a contract.

Player rejects the contract the contract on grounds of poor wages or length.

Now Juve are still interested in this player and say another club takes an interest.

Whenever I offer the player out to clubs now I receive no message back even saying if the teams are not making a bid etc.

Gotta say I find this quite annoying especially when a 2nd or 3rd team takers an interest but they don’t even seem to receive my offer. This issue seems to go away after about 4-6 months with the player though. Also note that i can lower his price to like 1 million etc and I still wont get any message back saying clubs are/arnt making a bid etc.

I’m not complaining that I’m not able to shift the player or anything its just that i get no feedback from the offer out at all...

Anybody know what I’m dong wrong here or anything???

Clearly the player wants a better deal with Juve. If he is getting big wages with you why would he want to move to a new club on less?

Alternatively offer him at a lower value, then the buying clubs m,ay have more money to spend on wages perhaps?

Put the player on the transfer list if not already so he knows he's not wanted by you

Hope this helps

Perhaps Juve are interested, but aren't willing to make a second bid so quickly. Perhaps his wages are way beyond what they consider acceptable, but they are keeping an eye on transfer movements.

The second team, may be interested, but not willing to spend what you're asking. The feature usually gives a reason why clubs aren't interested, what did it say?

Clearly the player wants a better deal with Juve. If he is getting big wages with you why would he want to move to a new club on less?

Alternatively offer him at a lower value, then the buying clubs m,ay have more money to spend on wages perhaps?

Put the player on the transfer list if not already so he knows he's not wanted by you

Hope this helps

Yah good points and thats exactly what i do when this happens on previous versions, thats not quite the point i was trying to get across though.

What im getting at is that when a player rejects a move you dont seem to be able to offer him out to clubs again for a few months. Or at least if you do you dont get a message back saying:

'No clubs are interested in xxx at this time'

You just get nothing at all back

I was just wondering if its a bug of some kind of bug or wether this is intentional?

Perhaps Juve are interested, but aren't willing to make a second bid so quickly. Perhaps his wages are way beyond what they consider acceptable, but they are keeping an eye on transfer movements.

The second team, may be interested, but not willing to spend what you're asking. The feature usually gives a reason why clubs aren't interested, what did it say?

Exactly Nomis thats what im trying to say

I just get back nothing...

It only seems to happen on players who reject contracts after being offered out. Surely im not the only one whos experienced this???

Exactly... asking less money for him and/or listing him will definitely improve your chances.... if the player believes he´s wanted, then he has something to back up on... but if he knows that he either accepts that offer or could wind up being a benchwarmer, well..... sometimes, your player will demand that you pay the difference, though I´m not sure what variables are required for a player to ask for something like that....

Honestly, I´d wish for more information in these operations, but not always we get it.... could it be due to a bad vs. good Assistant Manager?

I´ve offered players before, and I´m quite sure that I´ve received multiple replies if offered more than once... but again, maybe depends on the teams, AMs, and/or other variables.

And well, also there´s the no-reason reply. Just like we can deny offers for "no reason", I´d assume that those teams are doing the same thing.... they receive your offer and after opening the envelope, it goes directly into the trash.... hehehe

How many clubs were interested? I usually get the "no other clubs...." thing when it's a few clubs interested, and get a reason when it's one or two.

Well its happened to me on two players both had 3 clubs interested. 1 was the origional club the contract was rejected from and the other 2 were new clubs.

I re-offer him out (even tested this by offering him on a free) and i get no reply from the game whatsoever, not even a message about it or anything.

Its like the game isnt regestering that ive offered him out again because he rejected a contract earlier.

If i got a message back like you usually do saying 'no clubs interested at this time' blah blah then i wouldnt mind.

Sevillano, that's what I initially thought, but it appears that :ance doesn't even get a "no clubs were interested" message, he offers the player and then nothing happens.

ya thats pretty much hit the nail on the head. Im not complaining about not being able to get rid of players or anythin haha. I think this is the best version so far for being able to do that.

This is just one of those niggley things were im like well are they getting the offer or not.

I dont use that option i the team settings either wakers so not sure if thats got anything to do with it or not.

Maybe just a very minor bug?

here's another annoyance with the offer to clubs feature. You can multi select a lot of players and offer them to clubs in one go for their current sale price, but you can't offer them as Loan deals.

At the beginning of each season I pretty much like to send out all my talented youngsters on loan (i get rid of a few by using the feeder clubs) and I end up having to select each player individually and offer to clubs that way.

Would be great if you could essentially say, "this is a list of players, they are all available for season-long loans (with recall enabled) providing they'll get first team football, and not cover."

I believe it's definately a bug as it only happens in certain conditions. As LanceFujitsu wrote in his thread it happened to him after the player had rejected the offered contract while I, together with the same issue, have had the problems after rejecting "loan to buy" -bids for players when I wanted permanent transfers.

After that it doesn't matter how low you go with your offer you simply won't get a reply. Even offering a player worth millions, no-one will approach you for even £0 for him. At first I thought it had something to do with transfer windows being closed, but that was not it as you could offer other players to those same clubs which also were interested in the first player. After a couple of months you suddenly get the ability back for this player and the bidding begins again, as it should.

As pointed earlier in this thread you should at least be given a simple answer that none of the clubs are willing to bid for the players (like when ignoring your offer by not replying before a deadline) or some other reason to why they step back. This is made clear by the fact that when lowering the player's value one step at the time (down to £0 makes no difference as I said), more and more clubs get interested in him and at least some of them would logically aswer something. Still, all you get is silence.

Glad to see this issue is under review. :)

This has happened to me. Although when I originally offered my player out for £0 I never got a news item back. There was something like 20 clubs interested in him. I offered him out in July. It's now October and I haven't had any replies. Interestingly, in the transfer centre, he is listed as being offered to about 20 clubs but it just says 'proposal' as the status, instead of 'rejected', or 'bid'.

Archived