Press conferences seem random

Even though this feature did seem pretty exciting at first...I am starting to think everything is random...most of the times the choices I am given for an answer dont even make sense in the context of the question.

Another thing is that the press keeps asking me about the promotion favorites even though they are doing horrible in the table. There should be a way to recognise which team is actually challenging me for the title.

Lastly today I was asked who I thought would win the world players of the year. I said Kaka...apparently this pleased my team...even though my team is AFC Wimbledon and playing in blue square south. haha I really dont see the connection there!!

It´s quite repetitive... but isn´t that like in real-life? hehe So far, reaching DEC en my 1st season with my favorite team, Barcelona, I´ve attended every single question.... but I´m gonna let my assistant take the next one and see the reaction... because I am noticing that the team hates me more and more, even though the results say that they should be happy with my remarks. :S

I´m 2nd and doing well in CL and Cup. No clue. Though, honestly I´d wish that there were much more variety in the conferences... even some "funny things" like some players were caught in a late party and they´d like to know what I was going to do with them. :p

i find it a nice add-on but my assistant now does most of mine, or I cut them short. I dont think we shud slag si for trying to add to the realisim, I mean it can only be so realistic, it wont ever be like the real thing. (although emotionally it can feel like it!)

I don't mind the press converences themselves. It's just the available responses.....I agree, disagree, strongly agree / disagree....

It's like a questionnaire! Really lazy. I expect SI will change the press conference around and label it on the box as, "all new and improved press interactions", for FM2010.

I'm not really having a go at SI per say, but for such a publicised new feature, IMO they implemented it in quite a lazy way. What I mean by that is, it's almost like they wrote 20 questions, 10 different ways of saying the same thing for answers and then just randomly put the questions and answer options together. So not only is it very repetitive, sometimes it doesn't make sense...

Not only that, but the players take such extreme reactions to your answers that you're frightened of saying anything lest you upset them! And then the game is quite into players moral, so that the players getting the huff just because you said Kaka was going to win Player of the Year could mean you lose your next match...

I really don't like press conferences, and like has already been said, you can't even really send your assistant...

I found if you send the ass man too much it kicks off big-time with the press, they went mental that wasn't attending on my game. Still sent the ass man though it stopped me answering the same question every day.

Ass Man - Thanks for the warning - Jeez I wont be doing that

yeah its very dull and is a chore more than anything else

sometimes the questions and answers dont 'sound' right next to each other either

and there isnt enough variety on what you get to say meaning often there is no way to give your actual thought on a red card or injury or whatever

hopefully itll improve in the next one

Its boring, repetitive and just generally annoying.Another great feature from SI.Instead of putting this into the game to make new people buy it how about making a game with no bugs and a class match engine so i can enjoy playing like cm030/04 and fm2005.

Not only it is repetitive in a sense that there are only a few possible questions, but sometimes I get asked the exact same question three times in the same press conference.

The media in FM 09 is still poor IMO. I'm always afraid to comment on anything as my players always seem to get upset for the stupidest reasons. Press conferences annoy me because storming out or sending the ass man is a no-no. It has already happened to me a few times that my assistent has commented on who should win the league or the player of the year award and everyone was unhappy about it even though I manage a lower league team.

Personally, I'd rather SI scrap the whole press conference feature altogether than have it as it is.

There's definitely room for improvement. Having purchased the game today I've only attended several or so press conferences and I'm still finding it an interesting experience but I reckon one that will get increasingly repetitive as I progress. I've noticed that some answers tend not to make much sense given the question they follow but I assume that will be addressed next patch. Not keen on sending in the ass man just yet as it might dampen the morale of the squad, something I myself have avoided doing.

More variety in terms of possible responses needed also I think.

Archived