FM 2009, too much work

kb77

Does anyone else feel FM 09 feels more like work then a game?

Just getting everything right and to be able to actually win a game is a lot of tunning and messing around. Its just so much more work as compared to FM 2007

I'm already kind of tired and bored of it. Anyone else feeling this? what should I do to get back into it

I used to think that about every FM since 05, but I'm actually loving the new game so far. The 3D match engine kicks all kind of arse. I actually don't mind setting my lineups and tactics and playing each game now. My guys actually feel more like actual guys than just random dots now. :thup:

Now eventually that might fade, but for now, I'm into it.

No. I actually enjoy tweaking every little detail in my tactics now.. The match engine this time around is just miles ahead the previous versions and all the sliders seem to actually make sense to me. I LOVE seeing that defensive central midfielder in doing his job properly, watching the target man drop deeper to get the ball etc.. and finally playing the game with a working 4-4-2 which would make all the sense in real world too! :eek:

It's just so much better now, the little details and working tweaks really make the game for me this time around. :thup:

Does anyone else feel FM 09 feels more like work then a game?

Just getting everything right and to be able to actually win a game is a lot of tunning and messing around. Its just so much more work as compared to FM 2007

I'm already kind of tired and bored of it. Anyone else feeling this? what should I do to get back into it

Yeah same here, even 2007 was a lot of work for me. Apparently that's what the FMH is for, a simplified version of FM designed for the more casual gamers. So I've been playing FMH now, or CM01/02 for PC.

I'm getting used to it. I just send my assman to press conferences for the less important matches, and once you set everything up after taking over a new club, and settle on a decent tactic, it's only a matter of rotating the players and becomes highly addictive to play.

I might pick it up again after the next patch, I read that they will be working on optimizing the match engine and tweeking some other areas. So, I'll probably get back into it then.

I think overall this is the most complete version they've had and I'm impressed with it. But I'm not finding it fun at the moment and I don't look forward to playing it.

Its a balancing act between realism and fun, and while this is the most realistic version, I think its the least fun

I might pick it up again after the next patch, I read that they will be working on optimizing the match engine and tweeking some other areas. So, I'll probably get back into it then.

I think overall this is the most complete version they've had and I'm impressed with it. But I'm not finding it fun at the moment and I don't look forward to playing it.

Its a balancing act between realism and fun, and while this is the most realistic version, I think its the least fun

I'm in complete agreement with you. The game has lost a certain fun factor, and even though I personally like the new additions, I'm already burned out on the game.

It needs work and they need to bring the fun factor back into the game

I'm in complete agreement with you. The game has lost a certain fun factor, and even though I personally like the new additions, I'm already burned out on the game.

I totally agree with you guys as well... More I play, more bugs I discover and I am totally turned off by that... There are some obvious issues with the match engine and tactics... Very disappointing...

Archived