Funniest thing you have seen on FM 2009?

For me it has to be playing Man Utd. Berbatov gets injured and just lies in the penalty area. The trainer comes on to take him off but he doesn't get up. On the 3D engine it looks like the trainer is just dragging him along the ground by his hand off the pitch. As he gets off the pitch Berbatov still flat on his back disappears undeneath the dug out like a slug!!! Classic

In the demo I encountered the "goalkeeper freezes" bug in the 3d match engine. Zhirkov was making a run down the left for me, and crossed into the opposition penalty area. The goalkeeper at the point froze, the ball smacked him in the side of the head and went in for an own goal. He never moved, not once. The commentary then summed up the event with the line "He never saw it coming"

For me it has to be playing Man Utd. Berbatov gets injured and just lies in the penalty area. The trainer comes on to take him off but he doesn't get up. On the 3D engine it looks like the trainer is just dragging him along the ground by his hand off the pitch. As he gets off the pitch Berbatov still flat on his back disappears undeneath the dug out like a slug!!! Classic

I have seen something very similar. 2 of the medical team came on and just stood there and watched my injured player slide along the ground all the way up the tunnel. I was in stitches.

i had a similar thing happened. Guy fell down after a tackle but i had him up for a sub. He never got up and just slid his way off the pitch and down the tunnel. I laughed out loud. :D

i had a similar thing happened. Guy fell down after a tackle but i had him up for a sub. He never got up and just slid his way off the pitch and down the tunnel. I laughed out loud. :D

Anyone had the one where you have a guy off the pitch injured but he is running but not actually running anywhere?!

thats class, I would sack him for that

:eek: Amazing.... I´m happy that I can´t use the 3D view, though I doubt I would´ve used it anyways since I like the the 2D look.... but from what I´ve seen, it seems there are more errors with the 3D vs. any other way.... hmmm... :confused:

:eek: Amazing.... I´m happy that I can´t use the 3D view, though I doubt I would´ve used it anyways since I like the the 2D look.... but from what I´ve seen, it seems there are more errors with the 3D vs. any other way.... hmmm... :confused:

I don't think that there are more errors, just that there are things that don't appear to be errors in 2D, but, when the third dimension is added, the truth becomes clear.

As for my funniest, probably my striker completing his hattrick with his arse. The ball had hit the bar and rebounded. He took one step backwards, and used his backside to knock the ball into the net. If it had just been a rebound, it would've been good enough, but the way he actually seemed to intend it was priceless :D

I'm playing with Porto in the Champions League at home it ended 2-2, second leg vs Chelsea at Stamford Bridge I was winning 1-0 until the 85 min when Helton (my keeper) receives a back pass he wanted to do a long pass but the ball hit the back of my defenders head and instead catching the ball the keeper runs away my defenders stand still and along comes Drogba and scores! But in the same season Helton did score a goal for me from his box :D

Archived