Aaaargh!!! Come on SI have some heart with this match engine!!

A week after coming from two down for a draw at Old Traffoed my Happy Hammers are 2-0 up at half time at The Emirates. My new V09 Formation seems to be working and I'm tearing The Gunners apart.

"Don't let your performance drop", I say at half time. Within 10 minutes of the restart it's 2-2 thanks to conceding two at corners... How do you defend at corners???????!!!!!!

Minutes later a through ball to Abedayor, but it's ok Upson is covering, only Upson stops running!!!! By the time he starts again I'm 3-2 down.

I get some possession again but even though I'm on normal tackling my players slide in at every opportunity (why??) and the Referee is an absolute "homer". Faubert gets cut in half by Gallas but the Ref doesn't even blink!!

Arsenal attack again but Neill clears. His clearance hits Noble on the back of the head when he isn't looking and it falls neatly for Fabregas. 2-4 and what have I done wrong???!!!

Needless to say I took 10 deep breaths!

Come on SI have a heart with the next patch!

A week after coming from two down for a draw at Old Traffoed my Happy Hammers are 2-0 up at half time at The Emirates. My new V09 Formation seems to be working and I'm tearing The Gunners apart.

"Don't let your performance drop", I say at half time. Within 10 minutes of the restart it's 2-2 thanks to conceding two at corners... How do you defend at corners???????!!!!!!

Minutes later a through ball to Abedayor, but it's ok Upson is covering, only Upson stops running!!!! By the time he starts again I'm 3-2 down.

I get some possession again but even though I'm on normal tackling my players slide in at every opportunity (why??) and the Referee is an absolute "homer". Faubert gets cut in half by Gallas but the Ref doesn't even blink!!

Arsenal attack again but Neill clears. His clearance hits Noble on the back of the head when he isn't looking and it falls neatly for Fabregas. 2-4 and what have I done wrong???!!!

Needless to say I took 10 deep breaths!

Come on SI have a heart with the next patch!

I believe 'pleased' or 'delighted' is the team talk of choice here. West Ham being 2-0 up away against the Arsenal and you tell them 'don't let your performance drop'?!?!?! Where's the praise and reward, the continued motivation for playing. 'Don't let your performance drop' is fine for a team that should be winning and is but hasn't been convincing, not for a bunch of players playing far above expectations.

I believe 'pleased' or 'delighted' is the team talk of choice here. West Ham being 2-0 up away against the Arsenal and you tell them 'don't let your performance drop'?!?!?! Where's the praise and reward, the continued motivation for playing. 'Don't let your performance drop' is fine for a team that should be winning and is but hasn't been convincing, not for a bunch of players playing far above expectations.

Maybe but that doesn't affect a player stopping running or a ball hitting you on the back of the head!!!!!

My take on 'don't let your performance drop' is like "Great stuff, keep it going", maybe that should be an option?? To be honest I have used "delighted", "pleased" before and the second half is always awful. Kind of like the team thinks the job is done?

Maybe that's half the problem, like text speak a team talk can be taken to have different meanings. Eg "encourage" could quite easily be adapted to if you are 3 up or 3 down.

I'll leave it to my assistant in future!!!!!

If a player stops running when close to an opposition player it seems to me as if he's being out-muscled. I don't know if this applies in your specific case, but it's one of the areas it'd be nice to see more animations of next year.

If Upson had fallen flat on his face then I wouldn't have had a problem it was just the fact that he was running beside him and stopped for no apparent reason.

Another thing in that game that annoyed me is that Ashton one on one brought down by Gallas with noone else around. Yellow card!!!!!??? Happened in 08 a lot. Proffesional fouls only being dealt with by a yellow.

spot on, 'don't let your performance drop' is only for if you're a favored team on a winning streak. the OP probably broke their hearts...

How about using individual tactics to defend the corners in the first place maybe thats where your problem lies and not just what you say to them at half time.

long-term i would like to see setpieces revamped so that they're a lot more detailed and realistic.

also, i think it goes both ways, but there are somewhat too many goals scored by center halves on setpieces. that may be something that can be tweaked in a patch, but it isn't the end of the world either. just odd having Micah score more than Robinho.

The problem lies not in the team talks (which affect the team WAY too much), but in the defenders doing their defenderly duties and just as they are about to make a blinding tackle so good that Nike would be queueing up on their doorstep throwing money at them, they get distracted by a sudden desire to stop just playing the game and start pontificating upon the meaning of life, wondering if all this running about is really worthwhile or if they'd be better served gazing at their navel for a few moments.

Meanwhile the striker, suddenly surprised by this unexpected turn of events, decides that scoring one on ones is really difficult and perhaps it would be more helpful if the goalie turned into Bruce Grobbelaar and ran out like a headless chicken so that they could lob him.

The goalkeeper, being the obliging soul that he is, decides that maybe the striker is lonely as he's 20 yards away from anybody else, and runs up to give him a hug. The striker, being the lonesome type that they are, is frightened by the possibility of human contact and so chips the ball into the net as swiftly as possible so that they can run back to the warmth and safety of their own half.

VB

You might be right, you might not...

One thing I have noticed is that the closing down animation/ actual closing down is a bit lacking, and in a frustrating way: too often the players stand around watching, or walk towards the player with the ball, and only start accelerating towards the relevant opponent when it is slightly too late... which isn't how players move IRL at all - they just run straight at the opponent, no sudden burst of speed just as the opponent is about to pass the ball on!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Never say don't let your performance drop because what happens on these amazing SI games is your team fall apart.So just say pleased or delighted.Its funny when ever i'm 2-0 up vs a really top team away from home and I'm the underdog i always know the oppo will eventually make it 2-2 its just so stupid you can do everything and anything but they will always score even if you dominate.

Never say don't let your performance drop because what happens on these amazing SI games is your team fall apart.So just say pleased or delighted.Its funny when ever i'm 2-0 up vs a really top team away from home and I'm the underdog i always know the oppo will eventually make it 2-2 its just so stupid you can do everything and anything but they will always score even if you dominate.

no actually 'don't let your performance drop' works when your team is all 'superb' in confidence, have won several in a row, and your boys are in danger of expecting to win just by stepping on the pitch.

I actually just thought of this thread in my last match. 2 minutes into the game....after designing a tactic for th game for 10 minutes and setting all the team talks and OI correctly I get a corner scramble bounces right to my opponents best striker for a WIDE open net. I lose the match 1-0.

SI is just killing me with this game

There in lies a problem with the teamtalks, is peoples take on the wording, to be honest I have been 2-0 up at half time against big clubs a few times and wether I said don't let performance drop or pleased it didn't matter it was 2-2 within 10 minutes of the restart, so the reality about the teamtalks isn't really giving your team a pep talk at half time its about knowing how the game will respond to which option you pick which for me makes the teamtalk bit pointless, as I have said elsewhere its another good idea in principle but in the game its a bit half baked, some things in the game have too much bearing on it and other little touches have no bearing on the game, its like the post match analysis that tells me Man of the match was Gianpaulo Pazzini he scored 2 goals today and its obvious to me he is at the top of his game, when I sit there and think really got thats the first goals he has scored in about 10 games so not really on top form there is he

I actually just thought of this thread in my last match. 2 minutes into the game....after designing a tactic for th game for 10 minutes and setting all the team talks and OI correctly I get a corner scramble bounces right to my opponents best striker for a WIDE open net. I lose the match 1-0.

SI is just killing me with this game

No not all i just played Celtic away with Hearts im 2-0 half time unbeaten in 17 games 9 straight wins.Controlling the game...corner first shot of the game 2-1 20 mins nothing happens then mark Noble long shots are 12 scores a screamer make it 2-2.Nothing happens then Celtic go 4-1-4-1 just defend i push a few men forward nothing happens drew 2-2 because celtic had 2 shots on goal 2 on target 2 goals.

In a recent game I played was playing as Celtic in Championsleague qualifier was 2-1 away to Seville and minutes away from the group stages and a magnificent victory, changed tactics to 4-5-1 and play defensive lots of time wasting etc 92 min Robson has the ball in the seville corner, quick as a flash we are up the other end Kanoute has scored and we are out, commentary bar says Seville hit Celtic on the counter attack !!!! How is that possible when I am playing 4-5-1 defensive all round its just not possible to get caught on a counter attack, even in real life in this situation if I was even screaming at the players from the dugout to push forward keep going they simply wouldn't do it, so how can I get caught on a counter attack ?

Archived