How many leagues?

Guys, Ive just bought a new PC but I havent got the game yet, how many leagues will run comfortably on a machine with Vista SP1, a Quad Core 2.4Ghz processor and 4Gb RAM? Will large database run smoothly? Hope so, never had the PC power to run that properly before!

I enjoy norway and sweden. Lots of youth players, short clean kinda seasons, smallish leagues, you get to know your rival teams really well because of this

I dont have FM09 yet either, On a similar topic, how many leagues/nations do you guys reckon for 2.2 GHZ dual core with just over 2 gig ram?

heres my specs

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

I'm doing a test all nations all leagues playable. its setting up now. this will take forever. :)

Just figured I'd give it a try. next I may knock half of them down to view only and see how that works.

MM

I enjoy norway and sweden. Lots of youth players, short clean kinda seasons, smallish leagues, you get to know your rival teams really well because of this

I dont have FM09 yet either, On a similar topic, how many leagues/nations do you guys reckon for 2.2 GHZ dual core with just over 2 gig ram?

I have similar specs and am running 57 leagues in about 27 countries.

Most of them are view only though, I have about 8 countries' leagues playable, medium Db as well.

I'm used to slow loading times with my old pc on older versions with only a couple of leagues running and this current setup is still quicker.

Yep its official, no problems here. I have not had more than a 1 minute continue button time. I am running large database, all nations, all leagues playable. I'm pretty happy. I was running 3 countries and their leagues prior to this. I didn't realize you had to manually select them all.

This is my first FM :)

Archived