Should be able to tell assistant managers to implement their suggestions

Straight away...

This is because durng the course of a match, he will make various suggestions about so many players, closing down patterns, passing styles individually and collectively that without pausng every 20 - 30 seconds you can't keep up with it, but, it does help incredibly. I've got a good assistant manager now who after having tried and tested his advice, I would be more than happy to let effectively, implement himself.

An example of this is, he recommends I play shorter passing and close down bellamy, so I pause, make the changes and whilst I'm waiting for them he then recommends that Zambelli could do with closing down in general more often, and then vaart would be better passing more directly. Meanwhilst, I'm still waiting for the other changes to kick in, before I can make these, so soon as they do I have to pause, change them again and carry on until the next lot and during the course of the match a good assistant manager seems to recommend mixing things up to help the team keep the ball better etc.

It would be hugely timesaving if you could tell him to do this immediately, not give him control of everything obviously, because he does say I have too many players on the posts at corners, but not having conceded from a corner in 2 years suggests I'm doing something right lol. Perhaps have an extra section to team settings and give assistant manager control of opposition instructions would just be nice I'd settle for doing the passing styles etc myself.

I totally agree with you. The assistant manager should be able to tweak your tactics as the game progresses because like you said, it takes up too much time when you have to tweak the tactics yourself every few minutes in the game.

The trouble is on the Opposition Instructions screen there are four options - tight marking, closing down, tackling and show onto foot. You can guarantee that taking your Ass Man's advice will eventually mean selecting all these options for the midfield and attacking players on the opposition team every match. You may as well just select them all pre-match and shut him up!

So, each suggestion has a tick box next to it. You tick it and he wanders out into the technical area to shout and wave his arms about. Untick it and he tells them to stop. You can then decide which of his suggestions to go with.

Maybe you could include the AM in the team talks and you can give him a bollocking if his ideas cost you the game.

My assistant manager seems very well ordered on this, he only tells me certain players to close down and not them all, as well as certain ones who can be tight marked etc and tackling settings for individuals and it works very well, also gives instructions advice for the opposition defenders too and when you make subs gives you a heads up on if they fit into that slot as desired. The inclusion in team talks could be good too, but lets face it, the only way to combat how fast the AI changes things for itself is to have your own AI operative in the form of an assistant manager lol.

Whats even worse is say you concede a goal and then formation, all these changes are lost and you have to go through them again and again every time you change tactics.

They should be kept all match no matter what the formation and double clicking on the suggested instructions should implement them rather than going into the tactics every time.

2 simple ideas that would save lots of clicks and time.

This is not Football Assistant Manager 2009.

You guys are way too heavily relying on your assistant to get everything done. The assistant says a lot of things, but it doesn't mean he's somehow magically correct all the time. They always say '... could be less dangerous if shown onto weaker foot'. I have a strong feeling that these things are just generated randomly.

Well I've gotten a higher quality AM and he's made a lot better suggestions, quite frankly I don't want to sit there watching a whole match in 3d to see if a player is constantly dribbling on one foot or the other, which foot he's passing/crossing with, then making changes to combat that. Then seeing whether closing down would work well, unfortunately, I don't have about 40 minutes per game to sit through it all and constantly making changes. It's not assistant manager, but unless you slow the match right down and keep an eye on absolutely everything yourself, you can't spot these things.

If you have the patience to be willing to try and do it all yourself, then what can I say, you're a more patient man than myself, if a game took 90 minutes, and I could watch the match the assistant manager would be rendered ineffective but you can't expect players to keep up with all the action and before this year it wasn't even possible (and still isn't in 2d) to see what players are actually doing.

You guys are way too heavily relying on your assistant to get everything done. The assistant says a lot of things, but it doesn't mean he's somehow magically correct all the time. They always say '... could be less dangerous if shown onto weaker foot'. I have a strong feeling that these things are just generated randomly.

I don't follow him religiously, but he does quite often come up with good advice, and his OI suggestions are pretty close to what I would use anyway, so it would be really useful if I could just click on a button that says "Implement these suggestions" or some such, rather than having to manually set up 6-8 OIs.

Of course, some of his suggestions aren't work the screen space they're printed on - "our strikers are getting outnumbered!". Yes, thats because I play one up front. I've got 3 AMs in the gap behind him, so if the oppostion want to outnumber him, I'd love it, as it means less people on the AMs...:rolleyes:

Totally agree.

I do look at my assman's comments and usually the only firm action I take is when he tells me a player is getting cockey etc., when I will drop him for a game or two.

Well, it conflicts sometimes with what I normally do, I mean, against chelsea usually, I would always close down their AML and AMR and tackle hard, read my assistants advice and I was able ot keep them out of the game much more efficiently with his advice I managed to scrape a draw. Surely, the beauty of having an option there to implement these is not that it impedes upon those who don't want it in any way, shape or form, but it is there for those who do think it is useful.

I don't want him to do everything for me perhaps if you had read the post I did say I didn't want him tweaking with players instructions because some are set up for very deliberate reasons. However, having to pause, change opposition instructions to combat AI tactical changes etc every 2 - 3 minutes, only then having to wait 5 - 10 minutes in match time for them to occur, to see the AI has changed its tactics again and you have to start over again, is very frustrating and time consuming.

In reality some managers do allow/encourage their assistant to speak to the players directly during the game, so why not have it as an option for those that want to do that.

Think of someone like Harry Redknapp (spits) - spends most of the time on the training ground talking to the media on his mobile and lets his coaches (of which he now has about 74) do the actual coaching. I don't see the harm in FM allowing that style of management for those that want to implement it. For those who wish to manage every facet of the game (and I consider myself in that camp), you still have that option too.

I don't want him to do everything for me perhaps if you had read the post I did say I didn't want him tweaking with players instructions because some are set up for very deliberate reasons. However, having to pause, change opposition instructions to combat AI tactical changes etc every 2 - 3 minutes, only then having to wait 5 - 10 minutes in match time for them to occur, to see the AI has changed its tactics again and you have to start over again, is

very frustrating and time consuming.

And that's the real issue for me - the time in game minutes that it takes for your instructions to get to the players is farcical sometimes. Fair enough a substitution often has to wait for an appropriate break in play, but a change of tactics should be as instant as standing up and shouting at someone would be IRL.

Yes please. Advice from a good ass man really, really helps, the only problem is you have to wait 5 minutes for your tactical changes to be made, and he makes lots of suggestions for you.

That and please, for the love of god, make opposition instructions sticky by position and when you change your tactic. There's nothing more annoying than needlessly slowing the game down. I bet i could shave hours off a season by not having to fiddle with the opposition instructions when i change tactic during a match.

I'd love to have a button or checkbox where I could tell him to do OI for this game, or all games, because after a while it just becomes boring and repetitive.

WHS.

Whichever team I play and whichever players the opposition team has, I want my team to close down their wingers always and tackle their central mids normally and show their strikers onto their weaker foot (as an example). IF there is any special need, I will change the settings or else there is no need to.

It's quite time consuming and irritating to do it for every match. If there is no other way out, opposition instructions should have a table like setting, so that you can choose tight marking, closing down, show onto foot and tackling all at once instead of selecting them one by one from the drop down list.

I don't want him to do everything for me perhaps if you had read the post I did say I didn't want him tweaking with players instructions because some are set up for very deliberate reasons. However, having to pause, change opposition instructions to combat AI tactical changes etc every 2 - 3 minutes, only then having to wait 5 - 10 minutes in match time for them to occur, to see the AI has changed its tactics again and you have to start over again, is very frustrating and time consuming.

You dont have to tweak changes every three minutes infact if you dod you pleayers may get confused

However its fair to say you may need to adjust them. In terms of what the Ass Man is telling you thinki about this before the game starts e.g. look at their wingers stats, if they are pacy think how to combat it, if they have a midfield general look to close him down.

This should mean you are predicting potential issues yet taking the relevant steps at the start

I personally would NOT change my tactics every few minutes. Just learn from what the Ass Man is saying and take action prior to kick off

Archived