Fm09 - 'Seats'

Right iv been told that Fm09 give's you 5 'seats', meaning that you can install this on 5 different computers...

So does this mean that Fm09 will work without the disk, once installed??

And what are the 'Legal & Illegal' rules that come along with the 'seats'

Cause i dont want to do anything to break the law..

Like could me and a mate chip in and buy the game and play it without the disk at our own homes legally? Or would it be Illegal?

Some sort of sum up would be nice...

Cheer's

One thought is surely, if you and someone else do pay half each towards a game, you technically own half of that licence lol. I mean if 2 people buy a house they both have a 50-50 stake and same on joint bank accounts etc.

Although through this little flaw in the system I know SI are down about 20 sales on this time last year lol, lads at uni don't seem to be too fussed about adhering to the no chipping in system lol.

One thought is surely, if you and someone else do pay half each towards a game, you technically own half of that licence lol. I mean if 2 people buy a house they both have a 50-50 stake and same on joint bank accounts etc.

In which case the legal standpoint is probably going to be that only one of you can play it at any one time.

I'm pretty sure the license agreement does not allow co-ownership anyway. It's one license for one person.

At a guess, I'd say that's a "moral" obligation rather than a technical restriction. As in, you should not play simultaneously, but there's nothing except for your own moral fibre that will stop you from doing so.

Unless SI/SEGA has lied to us when stating the DRM doesn't phone home.

Archived