Laptop Help Needed =)

SW.

Sorry, I bet people are sick of laptop/computer threads by now but...heres another one :p

Basically, I want a laptop that can play FM for a few years to come and has a big hard-drive, preferably 160GB/200GB+. I don't want a desktop as it will have to be shifted from place to place quite a lot. :) And I have about £400 to spend, possibly stretching to £500 if an amazing laptop is available ;)

Cheers in advance. :)

Oops I just posted an almost identical thread to you. Apologies to anyone sick of these threads, just reply to one of us!

Ha, don't worry mate. Doesn't look like we'll be getting any responses any time soon anyway :p

Thanks, I'll definitely have a go at customising that later.

Actually, I think I've found a decent refurbished laptop here: http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2033390435.1227738879@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdgadefkhdmfefcflgceggdhhmdfog.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=606741&category_oid=

It is hewlett packard, has a 2 Ghz processor, 3 gig ram, a 160GB HD, a 17" display and a NVIDIA Geforce 7150 graphics card. Is this good enough for FM? It's £369.99 btw.

Opinions would be much appreciated before I take the plunge :)

Right mate, i got a laptop for £349.99 from staples, it runs football manager like a dream.

it's a asus

has a intel pentium 2ghz dual core.

128mb gforce graphics card

160gb hd

3gb ram

vista home premium

and all the bits n bobs u'd expect, also has a built in webcam which is 1.3 mpixels, was a surprise bonus, anyway, it's the best for the price, any other laptop around that spec would cost £400+ and i'd know as i've been looking for about 2 months for one now lol

but yeah, runs fm09 perfectly, if you get the dixons one i'd make sure it's a dedicated graphics card, otherwise you might find it doesn't work with the match engine

Right mate, i got a laptop for £349.99 from staples, it runs football manager like a dream.

it's a asus

has a intel pentium 2ghz dual core.

128mb gforce graphics card

160gb hd

3gb ram

vista home premium

and all the bits n bobs u'd expect, also has a built in webcam which is 1.3 mpixels, was a surprise bonus, anyway, it's the best for the price, any other laptop around that spec would cost £400+ and i'd know as i've been looking for about 2 months for one now lol

but yeah, runs fm09 perfectly, if you get the dixons one i'd make sure it's a dedicated graphics card, otherwise you might find it doesn't work with the match engine

Yeah, that sounds like a good deal, pretty much the same as dixons but cheaper :p

Can you give me the link please? :)

Thanks for replies btw.

Thanks a lot. Looks like I'll be getting that one but I think I'll wait until the VAT goes to 15% on Monday, save 8 quid or so :p.

It's a bit worrying how no results appear when you type the laptop's name in on google though :confused: Anyone know why this should be?

I think I'm going to save my pennies until after Christmas when the second patch comes out and get a Dell. Was going to go for the Inspiron, but it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card apparently, so going to splash out on this Studio one. Hopefully it will last a few years. http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop_studio_15?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Cheers for the advice everyone.

No idea mate, tell you what though, it's a top, top, laptop! i'm loving it tbh, only downside i thought was vista, but tbh im slowly been converted from xp as i get used to it, lots of better things on vista.

Just ring them up and ask to do a store check for you on whos got the nearest one, best option buddy.

No idea mate, tell you what though, it's a top, top, laptop! i'm loving it tbh, only downside i thought was vista, but tbh im slowly been converted from xp as i get used to it, lots of better things on vista.

Just ring them up and ask to do a store check for you on whos got the nearest one, best option buddy.

Hi mate.

What is the actual model. I am guessing it is some kind of X58L, but then there are several different types.

Archived