Annoying message that wont go away HELP! (please)

So I was messing with the editor and made a new edited database which I have since deleted but now everytime I open the game I get a warning message that says "could not use database location etc" referring to the db that I had made which used to be stored in the sportsinteractive/mydocuments/db folder. It then says it will revert to the default location.

How can I get rid of this annoying message?

So I was messing with the editor and made a new edited database which I have since deleted but now everytime I open the game I get a warning message that says "could not use database location etc" referring to the db that I had made which used to be stored in the sportsinteractive/mydocuments/db folder. It then says it will revert to the default location.

How can I get rid of this annoying message?

My god it's infuriating, I tried removing both fm09 and steam and made sure i got rid of every single leftover files to do with the programs and upon re-installing I am still getting this bloody message. Please someone tell me how to get rid of this.

No it pops up when I run the game not when I load a save, in fact I don't even have any saves anymore. It pops up at the very start before the game starts running.

any other suggestions? It's really starting to bug me, I even tried system restore to before I installed steam or the game and still it pops up!

No it pops up when I run the game not when I load a save, in fact I don't even have any saves anymore. It pops up at the very start before the game starts running.

In that case haven't a clue. I would have thought a clean install would fix the problem but to be honest I'm not sure where the game goes looking or where it stores the info that tells the game where to go looking.

Did you delete the cache files when uninstalling?

XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

VISTA

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Not sure if deleting the whole thing will have any effect on the game recognising that it has been activated etc so maybe do a search and see if an SI avatar person has posted about deleting the cache.

thanks for the help guys but I've tried all your suggestions and it's still appearing everytime I load the game.

Still havnt sorted this out yet. Even though it doesnt effect the game (as far as I know) Id really like to stop this message, Anybody from SI got any ideas? I've tried the suggestions people have given me and done lots of searches but nothing has worked.

Does it really matter that much?

Oh well, I've seen a few others have the same problem but have yet to see a solution for the majority of the people. Appearantly your system remembers the location of all the various elements required for FM (IE. It can also happen if you uninstall and install in a new location) and will tell you that it can't load from that location but will load from default location, instead of just... doing it. It's a bit silly really :)

Yeah that was very helpful huh?

Archived