Please say it ain't so.

I heard that MK fans are protesting for the Football Manager 2009 game to be recognised as Wimbledon FC, and thus they want to be credited with the F.A Cup in their achievements.

If so, I won't buy it.

I heard that MK fans are protesting for the Football Manager 2009 game to be recognised as Wimbledon FC, and thus they want to be credited with the F.A Cup in their achievements.

If so, I won't buy it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheeshy:

thus they want to be credited with the F.A Cup in their achievements.

If so, I won't buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit pathetic, no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheeshy:

A bit pathetic, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why pathetic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

I certainly hope that is not true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

let's hope

i dont think there is any truth in this. well not people puting it forward as a serious idea anyway. most dons fans are intelligent enough to know that they are MK dons and they only support the team because its their local team. not because of their past.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Why pathetic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its a big deal to all the Wimbledon fans who dont want to be associated with MK Dons, but to not buy a computer game just because if that? It strikes me as being a wee bit pathetic.

I know its a big deal to all the Wimbledon fans who dont want to be associated with MK Dons, but to not buy a computer game just because if that? It strikes me as being a wee bit pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I couldn't care less.

I know its a big deal to all the Wimbledon fans who dont want to be associated with MK Dons, but to not buy a computer game just because if that? It strikes me as being a wee bit pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine. I'll boycott it, you can buy it.

if it's true of course

actually i just realised si probally has a licence with the league and all the teams in the game will be on there as their official name. so there is no way i can see this happening after winkleman went to so much hassle to change the name to mk dons in the first place.

MK Dons is a completely new club in a different city. They had to be elected to the league same as any new club once Wimbledon FC went out of business.

HOWEVER...

This does raise an interesting question: if a club goes out of business (let's take Leeds Utd for example) should they be stripped of past glories? The club went under at the end of the Championship season, and Bates bought it back under a [technically] new name, officially leaving Leeds United AFC defunct and creating Leeds United 2007 Ltd, trading as "Leeds United AFC" (or something like that). Therefore, the Leeds United that won trophies of the past no longer exists.

Is this the same situation as Wimbledon?

A similar occurence happened a few years back in Italy.

When Fiorentina went Bust in 2003 ( I think ) they created a new club called Florentia Viola (which still played at the same ground). A couple of seasons later when they had been promoted to serie B they "bought" the name Fiorentina back with all its previous History and Silverware from the Italian FA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manutdman666:

A similar occurence happened a few years back in Italy.

When Fiorentina went Bust in 2003 ( I think ) they created a new club called Florentia Viola (which still played at the same ground). A couple of seasons later when they had been promoted to serie B they "bought" the name Fiorentina back with all its previous History and Silverware from the Italian FA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't Viola still a club though???

Absolute rubbish backpantant, any newly elected club ar eelected to the lowest league, not the Championship, as much as Mk Fakes want to be their own club, they will always be Wimbledon in disguise as gthey have bought their league status, and as such why I hate them as a club!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

MK Dons is a completely new club in a different city. They had to be elected to the league same as any new club once Wimbledon FC went out of business.

HOWEVER...

This does raise an interesting question: if a club goes out of business (let's take Leeds Utd for example) should they be stripped of past glories? The club went under at the end of the Championship season, and Bates bought it back under a [technically] new name, officially leaving Leeds United AFC defunct and creating Leeds United 2007 Ltd, trading as "Leeds United AFC" (or something like that). Therefore, the Leeds United that won trophies of the past no longer exists.

Is this the same situation as Wimbledon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking as a Leeds fan - NO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

HOWEVER...

Is this the same situation as Wimbledon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think this is right to be honest (although would love to see your sources if you're sure).

To the OP, from what I've read MK Dons gave up all rights to Wimbledon's football history, therefore what you're saying would make no sense. I would however imagine that legally, MK Dons are the same company as the old Wimbledon, but with a changed name. Could be wrong.

If they gave up all rights to Wimbledons history, then they would have had to give up their league status too, hmm didn't do that did they? Hense whether they like it or not, FC Fakes are Wimbledon in disguise...and always will be!!!

Archived