Career Ending Injuries

No, there isn't as far as I know. I think it's something to do with legal issues.

Also, seeing as you're pretty experienced here (2,733 posts), why the massive font?

I thought starting a thread with just 2 short lines would be quite boring tbh

On 07 I signed Figo for my Bolton game a few seasons in and he broke his leg in training and a news report came into my inbox saying he feared he'd never play again. I said he could come back from injury but he decided to retire instead and became my first team coach. I think it probably only applies to older players not far from retirement anyway, like 1-2 years left.

I don't think there is any career ending injuries in the game for real players. I pretty sure this was removed from a previous version, possibly when the game was still called championship manager to prevent the possibility of legal issues and unrealistic premature retirements. I don't see any reason why these cant be in the game for regen players though.

I don't think there is any career ending injuries in the game for real players. I pretty sure this was removed from a previous version, possibly when the game was still called championship manager to prevent the possibility of legal issues and unrealistic premature retirements. I don't see any reason why these cant be in the game for regen players though.

Yeah, I think that this is correct :thup:.

I have not seen a player retire because of injury, But on Fm08 i was after a young italian goalkeeper Eros Corradini after he was released from his club( i had him before and he as a Pa of 161ish i think) but he was not intrested in a move to a English club. So i was going to go for him again the next season when i got into the Championship, But i did not get promoted but he was still a free agent.

Then halfway through the 2nd season i think it was, i got a message sayin "Eros Corradini as decided to retire from football at the age of 22" I could not belive it, no other club was after him but i tried several times to sign him but he chose to retire at only 22 i giggled and thought what a fool!

I have seen players retire due to recurring injuries, I sold a player from Fram to chelsea (amazing regen) and he damaged knee ligaments on his first game for them. Out for several months, and within a week or so of being back he picked up the same injury again. Anyway, 3 years down the line he retired having played twice for chelsea.

On a sub-note he was part of my side that broke the record on FM08 for most goals scored in a 12 team side with over 100 goals that year lol. Quite a travesty really that a player who scored over 200 goals in 3 years for me, only played 2 more times before his career was over lol.

Archived