FAO SI: 25th July crash...

Wlv

Majority of people know what this bug is, so I won't go in to detail, is there any plans to release a tiny patch with the fix for this in? The bug is game breaking, literally (well, current game :p).. I was thinking for future versions of fm, is it worth putting a ticker on the main splash screen with info on for any major game breaking bugs with ways to avoid them etc? I'd guess people would be a little happier if they diddnt spend lots of time in game to have it wasted by a bug, but be notified of one...I mean what's the % of people who buy the game and then read the bugs forum? 1%? Just an idea :>

PaulC suggested somewhere on this forum that a patch will be out before Xmas. This will no doubt fix your problems.

I agree in some ways that it would be useful to have details of the major bugs for the average user so that they don't waste a great deal of their leisure time playing a game that will eventually fail. There are probably a number of reasons why this will never happen though.

One of the main reasons is because 'game breaking' bugs like this one are very few and even then they don't always have an effect on every user. In fact, in the case of this Serie C bug, the majority of users aren't experiencing any problem from what I've read.

If SI put a ticker on the game screen, it wouldn't exactly look very professional and can you imagine the reaction of the average user who doesn't look at the SI forums and isn't really aware how these things work? Furthermore, the majority wouldn't experience any problems in the first place, so having this ticker might potentially be introducing people to problems that don't exist and putting people off the game.

The way things work now, you can log into the bugs forum and check the 'known issues' sticky and become aware of any problems. Personally, I choose not to look there because I prefer not to know and to just enjoy the game as it is. I've found many of my own bugs that I have reported but I prefer not to go looking for them if they don't occur in my game, if you catch my drift.

This kind of crash will be fixed in the patch and it will, no doubt, be save game compatible. Thus, I imgine that you will be able to save your game. I sincerely hope this is the case. I'm afraid you will have to sit tight for a few weeks. Perhaps try another challenge for a while?

Thats a really good point..I have started a new challenge, I was just gutted to loose a 38 match unbeaten run :) so close to making a record guh. Took 23 hours :D. Apologies for the one/two liners, not got much else to say as I've been "sat down" (in a nice way ofc) :D

A.D - It occurs when I press continue on the 24th, so it could happen on the 24th or 25th! :)

Archived