The Ass Man and his Team Report

Anyone else find that there is never any specific player/position reccomendations in the report as shown in the manual?

In my first season with Newcastle and I'm 5th so still room for improvement but my Ass-man merely says that he is pleased with the strength in depth. The weakest area is midfield but he doesn't go any further and on P34 in the manual there are specific player reccommendations in the screenshot to bolster the squad but not in my game.

End of rant but has anyone else noticed this and/or know how to access it?

My ass man is usually pretty good tbh, most of the time he does have two or three recomendations, but sometimes there is nothing. I should think I had recommendations for about two thirds of last season, as he always came up with a new one if I sorted the problem he had found. The players he found were mostly brilliant too - the feature's a lifesaver in the lower leagues especially, as it gives you all these obscure players who are out of contract, but great.

As for how you activate it, I guess it depends on how your squad and it's performance relates to your ambitions (5th is good for Newcastle, so he might not have anything to add) and the ass man himself. If his Judging Player Ability/Potential isn't great, then he might not be able to find any decent players, or recognise the weak links in your squad.

Anyone else find that there is never any specific player/position reccomendations in the report as shown in the manual?

In my first season with Newcastle and I'm 5th so still room for improvement but my Ass-man merely says that he is pleased with the strength in depth. The weakest area is midfield but he doesn't go any further and on P34 in the manual there are specific player reccommendations in the screenshot to bolster the squad but not in my game.

End of rant but has anyone else noticed this and/or know how to access it?

i am with luton and my ass man gave me three options for a new keeper so i bought one of them and he moved to another position and gave me three options there. so i just went round the whole team improving with his suggestions, i now have a first team of 5-7 stars from his recommended suggestions but now ive finished he just says we've got great strength and depth but we are still weakest in goal but there isn't any choices of players to choose from so i am guessing if he cant find anyone cheap or better he just says that

I love team reports because generally it doesn't tell you anything.I have a weak backline according to my assistant at HSV no squad strength or depth.Is that right why... is it then i only conceded 9 goals in the whole league season.

Sure he didn't say "weakest in back line"? That doesn't have to mean that your defenders are weak, but rather that your attack and midfield are just better (in his opinion).

Regarding depth it might just mean that you don't have a buckload of accomplished reserves to back-up the main players and the bench players. Or that those you have suck...

It rates your squad on the CA of the players you have compared to league standards and teams. Also the amount of players and back-up you have for each position.

But yeah, they are not all that usefull. Sometimes they can be handy (start season) tho'.

Edit: Oh yeah topic-wise: I've had plenty of reccomendations from ass man. The only one I haven't had any rec. for is my current main game with Levante.

Archived