"Isn't convinced his manager should be praising other clubs"

Ainu

The "Isn't convinced his manager should be praising other clubs" reaction of players to his manager's comments was introduced in FM08, and honestly, I thought it was a useless and unlogical addition to the game. It still exists in FM09 and it's just annoying. My main gripe is that it seems to affect player morale so badly. For example, I win against a Roy Keane managed Sunderland with Manchester United. He loves the club, so of course he'll say some nice things like "Man Utd for the title" etc afterwards. I like him so I'll say something nice in return like "Keane will keep Sunderland up" and BAM! Suddenly a few of my players who had "superb" morale go down to just "okay". Why? This is a serious drop and seeing morale plays a big part in the game it shouldn't just happen like that. Those players even have United as favourite club, yet they get all upset after I complimented a legendary captain who did so much for the club they love.

It may seem like a minor thing, but it isn't. It affects morale way too much which in turn affects just about everything else in the game.

I'm, always wary when commenting on things because of the extreme effects it has on the players. This is the only thing I don't like about the game, but still doesnt stop it being a great game :). But agreed, it does need improving, Managers IRL praise others etc and you don't see the players of the team going off in a strop.

It also has the effect on the opposite comment to if I remember right. "Player X beleives you should be concentrating on your own team" or sometihng to that effect.

Definitely. Why would any player really react like that? I don't understand why the player's reactions are in there at all as they affect morale needlessly and with idiotic reasons. Another example of the failings of media interaction.

I agree - it is a totally illogical response and makes creating a good relationship difficult.

In what respect does this comment praising another manager serve to motivate the players in your own team for their forthcoming match?

Playing as Solihull (Conference North) I beat a team in the earlier rounds of the FA cup and was then asked do I think we can win it!

If I answered "no" then I would be worried about the team taking it bad and moral dropping but of course we are not going to win. I'm good but not that good ;)

I agree - it is a totally illogical response and makes creating a good relationship difficult.
I would think that building up an opponent you just beat should be good for morale.

For rivals perhaps. It depends on individuals player attributes as they have comments post announcements. I'd rather please the players

Of course when you are an established FM manager of some respect and standing then mind games probably play a big part, as might bragging up an opposition player who will feel pressured by the fuss

Archived