Do u cheat

Hi

Just want to know for those people who are managing clubs like Middlebrough or Newcastle for example , if your budget is low to to change it in the editor ??

I thought with Newcastle I was going to get taken over by a Arabic billionaire but I got taken over by some guy who gave me 10m to spend where others were getting 90m

Thanks

Well i always manage Norwich City...

I always give them extra cash & i put in some players on the editor for them haha, Not class players though. Just championshi layers like Sebastian Larsson Etc...

I don't give the team I am managing extra cash, no. Unless it's a game save that I'm testing with or fooling around with, than that's a different story. I do occasionally start a fantasy FM game and that only lasts less then half a season. :)

As a mainly LLM, I've never felt the need to cheat, insted using my (little skill) and wheeling and dealing to sign players.#

But then again, I've never cheated in any game I've ever played, I don't play to win, I play to have fun, for me cheating holds no fun, but fair play to those of you that do.

No need to cheat financial-wise like.... first season in januar... you can sell martins and owen for a combined sum of atleast £54 mill... quite unrealistic.... but as long as you remember to sign em up for new deal at the very start of them game, then you get enough money to replace them and many others :) .. in addition to flogging smith, aameobi, duff and butt out = £10 mill more :)

No.

I started with Newcastle and got £3m for transfers, got taken over by Llambias and wasn't given any money for transfers. I spent my money wisely, and I'm currently 6th in the Prem, with 32 games played, and on real good form I think I will get into Europe.

I can look back and think "I did that with £3m!" Whereas Man City have spent about £50m+ and they're 8th.

I sometimes go into the editor to change certain things once I'm getting a bit bored of the proper game but I don't call it cheating - it's just adapting the game to keep from getting bored, which is why they provide an editor after all. Usually after the real life season has ended I'll go in and create all sorts of scenarios. EG, in FM08 I gave every prem team £2billion and a £500million transfer budget and £100million wages. That was fun in its way.

If you mean do I use 3rd party editors to give me bonus funds or improve my players mid-season so I can win games, then no. I did once, but it took the challenge out of the game so I quit and started again. I usually have miniscout installed somewhere about but I rarely use it for PA - usually as a shortcut to see if I can afford to buy a player or not when I'm short on time and want to get on with it.

I have restarted games before but only when I've rushed a substitution and put a spare goalie on where a defender should be and not noticed until I've shipped three goals. That's not a tactical error, it's a slip of the hand and I can hardly be expected to do that in real life now, can I?

I did amend the EU status for most countries using the FM Editor. I still recall the fun from the 1st CM where u can bid for any players with ease.

Although it is realistic with the EU restriction, it really dampens the joy of signing unknown players, especially from the South America and Africian.

Cheers..

I used to cheat loads with the old CM's. Been many years since I last cheated in FM/CM, good days though, take over other teams, buy my rubbish players for loads, take their good players, restart if I lost an important game! Use the editor! Though to be fair I was just a kid then!

Now I would never cheat, feels alot more genuine when I win trophies now.

I had to cheat because i found myself far too underrated in the game.

But seriously, i sometimes use editors to 'update' some of the youths in the game, since most of them seem completely neglected. This goes for any team not just my own.

Years ago, (CM2ish I think), I used the editor to made Third Lanark playable and also stuck my son into the database with an average PA.

Haven't used the editor at all EVER since, (and will never do).

Downloaded and used FM scout once during CM3ish but soon grew bored of it, deleted it and restarted a new game.

The biggest part of the game for me is battling against adversity.

If my game crashes and I have to replay games then I just take it whichever way it goes and always stick to it.

If I won the original games and the lose them subsequently adter reloading then so be it, (but by the same token if I lose the game and then win the replayed game then it works the same way. I save regularly though so it is rarely an issue.

I don't see it as cheating anyone other than yourself though. It's your game. Do whatever you want with it.

[Edit]

I might even agree with ManCity12 that SWP is underrated in the game. I wouldn't dream of editing him though. Not unless I was prepared to edit every single player in the database that I thought was better/worse than the researchers. Also, in the researchers defence, he has played so infrequently that if they are basing their opinion on events before his return to Man City then they probably wouldn't be too far from the mark. (I wonder does that mean that he should have carp hidden attributes?) lol.

This time round I increased West Ham & Wigan's finances and (manageing Chelsea) sent a few youg players to Crewe. The only additions to my club were 3 extra coaches as previously the Board has always blocked additional coaching staff. I also made Wilkinson my Assman.

Archived