Anyone gone back to 2008? (Or '07 etc..)

fm 09 is ace, less bugs than 07 and deffo 08, even a patched 08 version 2!!

i bele sum people who are doing bad come on here and blame bugs bugs bugs! sorry but that seems to be the case, then they reead about other people's bugs and go oh yh me 2 blah blah blah. FM09=GREAT

I was going to yesterday, I was at the end of my tether. The stuttering 2D matches - oh how I used to enjoy watching my matches and I can't anymore, the annoying press conferences, and like has been said, far too buggy.

I was going to go back to FM07, which lots of people in various posts are talking about.

But then last night, I only played an hour of FM09, but got really into it! I can't wait to go home tonight and have another game now!

I'm being forced to go back.

The jumpy 2D matches were annoying but I think were partly down to my computer. The search, press conferences, basically anything that involved typing were a pain as for some reason iitt wwoulld rreeggisteerr eeveerry letteerr twwicce <<<==== just as I've illustrated there.

However the main reaso is that my game is simply unplayable. I'm fine up until match day and then the whole thing crashes and freezes my computer. I've tried reinstalling the game, I've tried the various fixes shown in the tech thread but its havig none of it, so back it goes and back I go to FM 07

people get way 2 hyped over drm!

1. you get any install back when u uninstall properly as has been stated on many sites about many games, just idiots mis-informing people.

2. fm has been so easy to pirate and even just crack and give to a mate I am happy they have caught up, but it's still easy to pirate.

buy the game if you want it, stuff drm, and cmon when fm10 comes out u wont ever need 09 again

I struggled tactically my first season and had to spend a few hours in the T&T section. I've now built something that works, the next step now is to understand this years "tactical triggers" enough to be able to adapt it to varying match situations.

So yeah....I'm staying with 09.

09 is terrible aggression eems to be directly related to bad tackles even though gerrard vidic cannavaro etc... are hard men yet rarely do they go in to injure a player! Fm 09 Is terrible regardless of winning or losing. Check this link 10 years old and the engine is better!

people get way 2 hyped over drm!

1. you get any install back when u uninstall properly as has been stated on many sites about many games, just idiots mis-informing people.

2. fm has been so easy to pirate and even just crack and give to a mate I am happy they have caught up, but it's still easy to pirate.

buy the game if you want it, stuff drm, and cmon when fm10 comes out u wont ever need 09 again

I do want to buy the game, from what I can see it has improved since fm08 however I am holding back because of DRM. Some people might be happy to install Steam, install DRM on their system, I however am not happy with this software installing itself on my computer and for that reason I cannot purchase the game.

I do want to buy the game, from what I can see it has improved since fm08 however I am holding back because of DRM. Some people might be happy to install Steam, install DRM on their system, I however am not happy with this software installing itself on my computer and for that reason I cannot purchase the game.

What does DRM do to your computer that is so bad? I've seen many explanations from people but it all seems to border on arguments like "just because" and "because I say so", without really spelling out why this software is the spawn of satan.

FM09 has far too many niggling bugs that make it much too frustrating for me. Second release in a row that i've gone back to 07.

Match Engine gets worse the more games you play - goalkeeper assists, incompetent defenders - goalkeepers can't seem to move sideways, too many long range shots from the AI, too many long range shots from the AI going in from people who have long shots of 5, crossbar/post hit way too often, at least 2 or three times every game, sometimes up to 8 times in a game (and that's not a rare occurrence)

Stupid, boring, repetitive press conferences that I could well do without. Would send my assistant to them but he always manages to upset my players.

Transfer system that still hasn't been fixed - Arsene Wenger spending £35 million on Owen in one season and then £20 million on Skrtel the next.

All of my regens had either 19 flair or 17 jumping.

Low detail matches always have an injury/red card (or more) which creates some really unrealistic seasons. to counter this, you have to run major competitions in full, which slows the game down a lot.

The game randomly freezes on high spec machines, including mine.

The game randomly slows down to a crawl and becomes very unresponsive. This happens on some match days, but not every match day.

The 3D engine looks shoddy, and has almost exactly the same graphics as the premier Manager 99 highlight system, but somehow requires relatively high specs.

The 2d representation once again does not run smoothly on AMD machines, despite this being fixed in 8.0.1 (AMD x2 6000+ - 2x 3Ghz).

Players with forward runs get tired much too quickly. I can no longer save my subs (even in the premier league_ for poorly performing players, because even players with 15 natural fitness and 15 stamina end up below 70% after 75 minutes.

Strikers who are clean through on goal will sometimes inexplicably stop and wait for defenders to catch up to them. Or instead of running onto goal, will stop and pass back to the half way line.

My goalkeeper had 17 assists in his first season, despite being told to give the ball to my fullback.

I have a feeder club in England but my youth players refuse to play there.

My midfielders keep running into each other or belting the ball at each other.

If you have a defender with good jumping and good heading, he will score 10+ goals a season (Samba) - without using the corner cheat.

Tactics are overly complicated and only certain methods allow the creation of a good tactic - i.e. global mentality settings tend not to work, meaning you have to spend hours tweaking each individual instruction.

The IGA. Disable the god damn hyperlinks.

I'm sure i've forgotten a few more things.

There are way too many fouls by AI teams in dangerous areas.

My free kick taker (set pieces 17) gets about 1/10 free kicks on target and scores about 1/20.

What does DRM do to your computer that is so bad? I've seen many explanations from people but it all seems to border on arguments like "just because" and "because I say so", without really spelling out why this software is the spawn of satan.

Because certain people want to keep their computer clean and compact. Not everyone want to install everything on their PC when asked. DirectX is one good example of rubbish that people are forced to install in order to play their game or watch their movie. When you don't do any of those two, its drivers are already loaded and you lose resources unnecessarily.

And don't let me start on Java.

To the people who are having problems with the 2D and 3D match engines, I think it is because of your PC. FM2009 requires a decent graphics, I just bought one today, because my Radeon 9600 wasn't good enough anymore. Haven't tried playing FM with it yet, but I'm sure the 3D engine will work a treat.

AMD x2 6000+

ATI 1950 Pro 256MB

4GB DDR 2 RAM @ 667mhz.

Basically it runs deadspace on full settings at 1440x900 yet it slows to a crawl at times with FM.

Its the game, not the machine.

It is down to my personal choice, I do not like the route that gaming has taken in protecting their software as there are alternatives available, of course it is entirely the publishers choice which I can respect however it will stop me from purchasing any game with this type of software, as na3co has said some people prefer to know exactly what is on their system and to what purpose.

Archived