You will probably cry

So I start a new game with Arsenal to test out some tactics and make my own. So i make three tactics, and i switch them when I need to. I win all 7 friendlies, then I go to my first game and lose to EVERTON!! SO I quit and re-load just to see if I can beat them, maybe it was a fluke, but I have played them 10 times, no exaggeration, with the same tactic just to see what would would happen. I have lost every single time. Yakubu should be World Player of the Year.

SO I quit and re-load just to see if I can beat them

No, you quit and reload so you could win the game and carry on your season.

I have nothing against people who reload, but at least admit why you do it, instead of "reloaded just to test this..."

Sorry, just a personal gripe. Carry on.

Friendlies are a totally different beast to competitive football, and exist merely to blood players, get them fit and try out some quirky ideas.

Your tactic obviously doesn't perform well, either against Everton or in general. That or you built up to it wrong and have a demoralised squad?

I have nothing against people who reload, but at least admit why you do it, instead of "reloaded just to test this..."

My long-term save is a Chelsea one, I was testing out tactics so don't come in here and assume stupid ****.

Not always true. With the demo I reloaded a few times on the first few games, win or lose, to try out different approaches and see how things work.

Wouldn't do it with a game I planned on continuing past a month or two of league football though. A good way to learn the mechanics of the ME, but a terrible way to start a career game, as it's all then built on dishonesty.

I used default presets too, and i can't even get one ****ing win with ARSENAL!!!!

Arsenal with a 4-4-2 and very little alteration can play good football.

Hell, even my settled career game tactics with them has pretty much no individual slider use (with mentality, passing, CF, etc.)

Arsenal with a 4-4-2 and very little alteration can play good football.

Hell, even my settled career game tactics with them has pretty much no individual slider use (with mentality, passing, CF, etc.)

That's what I thought too, but apparently I was mistaken

How is Yakubu so good? Omg......

Because everything is the same. Sure it can turn out to be a different result but more often than not, it will be the same.

It clearly should not be. Are you honestly thinking that any game both irl and in game has some kind of pre-determined outcome? Things can always go either way and if the game cannot reflect that, that's a baaad thing. :thdn:

In this case my guess is that the game is not to blame though. I would also expect his tactic to have some sort of weakness which the Everton tactics happens to exploit. Sometimes your tactic just doesn't suit a certain opposition tactic.

It clearly should not be. Are you honestly thinking that any game both irl and in game has some kind of pre-determined outcome? Things can always go either way and if the game cannot reflect that, that's a baaad thing. :thdn:

The game does reflect that BUT if everything is the same going into the match then you're bound to get a similar result.

The game does reflect that BUT if everything is the same going into the match then you're bound to get a similar result.

I'm not arguing that Chelsea wouldn't beat Newcastle at home most of the times (:D) but the stats from 10 games between them played today if possible would probably look like 8-1-1 and Arsenal-Everton would definitely NOT be 0-2-8 or whatever the OP had but rather 6-2-2ish. The experiment is impossible to make so we are just guessing but I'm quite sure about my assumptions being about right.

That means, the game should provide comparable results as real life probably would (I know it's just a guessing game). A ten-games-spread between comparable sides with no win for one side would occur extremely rarely. Even more rarely with Arsenal being the better side and at home.

So I'm just arguing that if the game is not 'wrong' here, providing unrealistic results, there must be a heavy imbalance between the tactics used in the OP's games, i.e. Everton's tactic must have something which the OP's tactic is imcapable of handling. If there is not, then something would be wrong with the game.

0-2-8 would in real life only occur with sides of very different quality.

Everton's tactic must have something which the OP's tactic is imcapable of handling. If there is not, then something would be wrong with the game.

Exactly, if he changed his tactics he would probably have a different result. If he keeps it the same, he will probably see similar results.

*Still looking for something to cry about*

Exactly, if he changed his tactics he would probably have a different result. If he keeps it the same, he will probably see similar results.

And such a thing could be just to change width by a notch or two. Then when match has started, revert it. Then the game have different input once, and later have to recalculate the outcome.

Archived