How has your club faired under you?

Just curious to see how everyone has been doing.

Just name your club, where it was at when you took over, where it is now. How much you've made your mark, that kind of thing.

ie:

Derby, newly relegated to the Championship when I took over. Now midtable and in the UEFA cup from winning the FA cup. Replaced more or less the entire squad, the only real survivers are Nyatanga and Barnes, and Barnes is out for 2 months.

Lyon in season 09/10 were sitting in 16th place after 14 games, they were doing terrible, out of pure lunacy i applied and got the job :). Now they are 6th, with not many games to go.

I say that is a vast improvement, since my rep was automatic and i had only been managing in Belgium previously.

Boca Juniors, now into my second season

won league (overall and opening half), copa sudamerica, copa liberatores, copa recopa in my first year. Velez stopped me winning the clean sweep, grrr.

Boca are quite an easy team to be, but i like to start off learning the new games with them, as i have done for the last 3 releases.

Cosenza 1914

Season 1: Avoided relegation from Serie C2

Season 2: Got promoted to Serie C1

Season 3: Avoided relegation from Serie C1

Season 3: Avoided relegation from Serie C1

Season 4: Got promoted to Serie B

Season 5: Got relegated from Serie B

Season 6: Started badly because of the heavily exaggerated gelling issues in this version

1st Club - Tottenham Hotspur

Season 1 - position 16th

FA Cup - 5th Round (ko'd by liverpool 1-0_

Carling Cup - 3rd round (ko'd by oldham 3-1)

Uefa Cup - bottom of group stages (dont ask)

Quit the club at end of season in a rage...

Club 2: Swansea City

Current Season - played 12 games won 1 drawn 2 and lost 9...

Currently with Perugia. Started in Serie B and got promoted in my second season thanks to a very lucky 96th minute goal in the play-offs. MY first season in Serie A started well picking up 13 points from my first 5 games. Currently on a streak of 11 without a win :(

Started with my beloved Baggies. 10 games to go in the league were 17th 4pts clear of the bottom 3. Very annoying as we are so inconsistent, we have had results like 4-0 win at home agains Boro, 2-1 at home against Villa, 0-0 with Man U at Old Trafford but on the other hand we go away to Bolton who are in the Relegation zone and get spanked 2-0. Cant score many but we dont conceed many TBH. Kevin Doyle was a waste of money, but got some good frees and bargains in. My aim is just to stay up with 10 games to go and next year scrap my 451 formation and get a nice free flowing 442 going.

Started of at Shrewsbury Town in div 2 with media prediction of 17th. Finished champions on the last day of the season. Replaced most of the squad with some shrewd buys from the lower divisions in spain. Also reached the northern area final of the Johnstones paint trophy but lost 4-3 to Leeds Utd. Now in league 1 and am currently 12th after 4 league games winning both home games and losing both away matches. Just signed Alan Lee from Crystal Palace for £350,000 and he has banged in 4 goals in 5 games.

1st game rufc gave up

2nd game man city gave up

3rd game burton gave up

current game spurs, only played a few but doing well, going to stick with and lower my expectations

will try and get burton promoted next

overall goal. to take RUFC into premiership

we shall see...

Lyon.

Wanted to get used to tactics with good team b4 spurs :p

was 1st with 4 points clear. Lost last 2 games. Now 2nd.

Next game against now 1st (FC Girondins de Bordeaux) looking to win that to reclaim 1st.

Qualified from CL group in 1st with full 18 points vs Celtic, Bremen & Standard.

Its 10th December.

1st game rufc gave up

2nd game man city gave up

3rd game burton gave up

current game spurs, only played a few but doing well, going to stick with and lower my expectations

will try and get burton promoted next

overall goal. To take rufc into premiership

we shall see...

COME ON BURTON!

I had a Burton career on FM 2008. Destroyed the Blue Square Premier in the end. Marc Kalenga, Randolf K'bidi, Palmer... What a season. Then I was dominating League 2... Then sort of moved onto other things...

Internazionale (my love, and wanted to start new game with not too much of a challenge). I'll be staying just long enough to enjoy managing my favourites, and hopefully do something in Europe!

1st season -

Scudetto, Italian Super Cup. R/U to Roma in cup, and crashed out of Europe in first knockout round to Porto.

2nd season (December) -

Italian Super Cup. 2nd place with a game in hand in league. Cruised through ECC group. Just beat Palermo in 1st round of cup.

started the game with my favorite club blackburn, the first season i just tried to find my tactics and sort out the squad, i play an attacking 442, both home and away..

the first season was a rollercoaster ride, i finished 9th..

season 2 started, i again had the chance to sort out the squad, still playing attack minded in 442, surprisingly i qualified for champions league via a 3rd place in the league, and thats as far as ive gone..

season 3 is right around the corner, .. really looking forward to, being one of the big clubs :-)

My first season at Newcastle United:

Beginning of season, said I'd qualify for Europe through league.

Got knocked out of both cups a bit early for my board's liking due to fielding weakened teams.

Was 6th last game of season, just need to draw against Wigan to secure it.

Last minute goal consigns me to a 3-2 defeat.

Tottenham jump above me to secure 6th. I end up 7th. Gutted. Am resigned to losing Michael Owen on a free.

Then...

... then Man U play Chelsea in the FA bloomin' Cup Final, and because they are 2nd and 3rd respecively guess who gets the 3rd Uefa Cup spot? Yup, jammie old me.

Owen signs a new deal (although I sell him for £17million a month later) and the board are pleased with me. I attract some great freebies and some bargains (Adriano for £2.5million, anyone?) and am unbeaten in my friendlies, inc Roma and Barcelona.

Then lose my first game of the season to Wigan.

That's it so far.

started with man utd, go first 22 games unbeaten, then lose for in a row, arsenal catch up then over take me, i manage to get my formation right and start to win again , catch up with arsenal, we jostle around with first place till 3 games to the end they come to old trafford, i get spanked 2-0 they completly domante the midfield, i end up 3rd. in the C.L get to the final after a dramatic extra time win over a real madrid and a lucky red card for baptista against roma, in the final it goes 2 pens after i pull it bk in the 92nd min. both of us score our first 7 pens, then eva steps up and its season over! won the f.a cup tho and the world club champs.

2nd season

buy alot of young players for my reserves and youth teams, got some gems from south america that will be looked after.

8 games in 3 points behind bloody arsenal but miles ahead of the rest. brought garath bale for 3 mil which i,m proud of. sold rooney he just wasnt scoring he went for 40mil 2 .........chelsea lol

started as st johnstone scots div 1

beat chelsea 2 nil in pre season thinkin it was a walkover

took 5 games to win a league match

took me 20 odd games to sort out the tactics lol

climb up to 2nd last match v clyde

conceded last minute goal and dropped to 4rth

got some real bargains for this season currently in 2nd pre season after somehow getting a new contract lol

Still only about halfway through the first season as this game unfortunatly wont pay my mortages.

Sitting 5th with Lincoln in League 2. Got a few new players in to get some dept. It started out abit rough but have been on a very good spell lately.

First and only game on FM so far:

Leicester City.

Season 1:League One

League 1: 2nd place (runner up to Leeds)

FA Cup: Quarter Finals (lost 3-2 to Arsenal)

League Cup: 1st round (lost to Stockport 1-0)

JPT: Winner (beat Leeds 3-1)

Season 2:

Championship, tipped for mid table.

League: 19th

League Cup: 2nd round

FA Cup: not entered yet.

Going well overall, have a good team with a lot of potential and experience, hoping the new squad gel quickly and aim for first time promotion.

Stockport, newly promoted to the CocaCola League 1 at the beginning of season, finished in the relegation by 1 point end of first season :( Now in 2nd season I am 4th in League 2. Have about 7/8 of the original squad due to board being stingy and broke and no one wanting my players

I started unemployed and Farsley Celtic had a vacancy so applied there and got the job.

Im currently 1st and the top 5 are within 4 points of each other so its never the same after every week and as I changed my parent club to Blackburn Rovers and they sent me all there up and coming stars and Im starting to dominate BSN but lose the occasional game to a team in the relegation zone.

FA Cup: Knocked out to Woking

FA Trophy: 3rd Rnd at the moment and beat Woking 2-1 in 2nd round! (REVENGE! :D )

So far so good, I was predicted 6th so Im not doing too bad!

Wellington Pheonix - Worst franchise in A-League.

In 3 seasons have won

2 Premierships

2 Minor-Premierships

2 Pre Season Cups

1 Pan-Pacific Championship

Now the best franchise in the A-League.

The thing is, that the Pheonix aren't the worst franchise in the league...

at liverpool, sold Alonso, Bena, Kuyt, Keane, Dossena, ARbeloa and brought in mostly youth players from around the world. About to start 3rd season, won title in first season, european cup second, and got a stack of money even after buying Aguero.

Also, fixed the coaches, scouts and youth teams, set up feeders with european club, japanese and american club and hearts.

Signed a rolling contract with Stevenage Borough in the Blue Square Premier when they were in last place. By the end of the season we got into League Two with a 2-1 win over Histon for the Blue Square Premier Playoff. :)

I took LUFC from League 1 (they had 2 million quid in the bank) to currently 2nd place in the premier league (2012) with 4 matches to go. LUFC now have 70 million in the bank. My total transfer spending still only sits at 19.8 million, with total income from transfers at 49 million (I sold Jonny Howson for 9 million to Liverpool!)

Manchester City. Loads of money, but still difficult to attract top-class players at first. However did sign Aguero and Riquelme in first season and started well and in 4th position after about 30 games but dropped, frustratingly, to 8th. I'm supreme at home but absolute garbage away no matter what formation I play! For my 2nd season I've had to let Micah Richards join Chelsea and Robinho may be on his way too, but I have signed Zapata and Cassano and am expecting big things from Aguero in his second season. Typically spend 20-30 million on a player. Considering splashing ~40mil on the Mandanda because I want a top class keeper and I've got 70mil burning a hole in my pocket! Hoping for top-4 finish in my second season.

i'm salisbury in september 2011. Promotion every year and last season won the league cup. Have just qualified for the group stage of the euro cup. All this without cheating. :D

I'm not convinced tbh.

Edit: also very very jealous if you genuinely did not cheat.

nope no cheating. just tactics working wonders and lots and lots of scouting. luckily i managed to gain arsenal as a parent club, so they shipped in a few of their youngsters in, which help a lot

Good stuff. I don't think I've ever been promoted up 3 leagues ever. I haven't finished my first season on 09 yet though! I'm so slow.

I'm in February 2009 with Catania (Serie A, predicted 20th). 10th at the moment. Quite pleased with that.

Club: Bærum

Division when I took over: Norwegian 2nd division group 4

Position 1st year: 10th (media expectation 2nd)

Position 2nd year: 3rd (halfway through the season, media expectation 7th)

Replaced: 95% of the team

Board takeover has failed twice so far

Chairman desperatly wants to sell

Club value: £175k

Current Balance: £70k

Interesting times ahead :-)

Good stuff. I don't think I've ever been promoted up 3 leagues ever. I haven't finished my first season on 09 yet though! I'm so slow.

I'm in February 2009 with Catania (Serie A, predicted 20th). 10th at the moment. Quite pleased with that.

i'm usually that slow, but i have had the week off work, so it has been a bit of a fm fest lol

Liverpool,

Predicted and finished in fourth place after one season, comfortably ahead of Chelsea but narrowly pipped to third by those pesky rich upstarts at Man City after they bought half the world. Lost in Champions League semi-final to Barcelona, but sod it I knocked out Man U in the quarters on away goals despite eight minutes of Fergie Time at OT so it was all worthwhile. Knocked out of domestic cups at early-to-mid stage by Man U and Chelsea after consistently putting out a second string squad in both.

Carlisle,

Predicted third, end of October and we currently lie fourth. Beaten in second round of League Cup by West Brom, and out of the LDV Windscreen Paint trophy in the first round at the hands of League 2 Accrington after I put out the reserves, but currently on a five match winning streak in the league after a relatively slow start, so the board weren't too peed off :)

Just finished my first season of FM09 with my much loved Liverpool!

Prem - 4th (Arsenal,Chelsea,Man U,Liverpool)

FA Cup - 3rd Round lost to Man City (Board very very very unhappy!) :p

League Cup - 3rd Round lost to Blackburn (only used players below 21yrs)

Champ League - Winners v Inter Milan (0-0 FT 0-0 AET 11-10 on pens!!)

All in all not a bad first season for both FM09 and Liverpool (that being said i've only kept my job due to the Champs League!! :D

Still playing 08. I started my save with the embarassed FC Bayern team that found itself in the Uefa Cup having finished 4th the previous season.

League - 15 consecutive titles.

League Cup - 8 times in 15 years.

German Cup - 7 times in 15 years.

CL - Once :(

Archived