Opinion of this Laptop please

Sorry folks, another “Is this Computer okay for FM2009” thread.

Anyway, what do you think of this?

Will it be okay for FM2009 and (looking into your Crystal Ball) FM2010, 2011 and 2012????

http://www.vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-AW11S%2FB&site=voe_en_GB_cons&category=VN+AW+Series&assetid=1218032875460

Agree with the below - Vastly over priced !!!

Looks like me and you are both in the same boat of having to update laptops in order to play FM !!!!! We must be crazy !!

You should check out Acer, much better value, looking at around half the price and they are decent also.

I have installed in my housemates laptop, 2GB, Intel Centrino 1.7GHZ and the game runs unbelievably quick and that is not even a great laptop

Rather nifty wee laptop, and i do tend to be a fan of Sony. Point to bear in mind though about the disk drive speed, if it's 4200rpm, it's slightly slower so you may find the game run's slightly slower due to the amount of disk access it does.

Also, unless you are desperate to spend that amount of money and get the Blu-Ray player, might be worth saving your money and getting a cheaper model. As far as i remember, FM doesn't recognise 4GB RAM anyways so that's not going to make much difference having the extra memory.

Good laptop if you really want it, but maybe a bit expensive for what you really need.

Only my 2 cents worth.

p.s. avoid Acer... not all they cracked up to be... apologies to anyone who likes them

Don't buy Acer they break easily :)

The company I work for has been using Acers for years. Our contract managers bash them around building sites and let them bang around their cars when they drive. I own an Acer at home. In terms of not breaking, they seem uber-reliable to me.

Archived