Old School - The Original Championship Manager Game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

It wasn't a PC game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM1 is definately available on PC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Oldest one I saw was Champ Man 2, at a friend's house. It was too old to work on my PC, though. I think it was DOS-based. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do find something so old, you'd need a DOS-emulator or similar to get it working. But I'm not sure it would be worth it!

Incidently, typing 'Championship Manager 1' into Google will bring up links to download it. The one I clicked onto then said the game was now abandonware (whatever that means, I'm guessing similar to freeware?). I would link to it on here for you, but if it's not freeware I don't really fancy a ban for piracy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KK2003:

Incidently, typing 'Championship Manager 1' into Google will bring up links to download it. The one I clicked onto then said the game was now abandonware (whatever that means, I'm guessing similar to freeware?). I would link to it on here for you, but if it's not freeware I don't really fancy a ban for piracy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abandonware

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Oldest one I saw was Champ Man 2, at a friend's house. It was too old to work on my PC, though. I think it was DOS-based. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do find something so old, you'd need a DOS-emulator or similar to get it working. But I'm not sure it would be worth it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>CM2 actually works on my XP-machine. CM3 doesn't, however. icon_biggrin.gif

the best site for abandonware is most definitely http://www.abandonia.com/

no need to sign up, no having to click ads to be able to download and just plain no hassle downloading to your hearts content. i registered on there out of respect as every other site always has a catch to download, which you don't usually find out till after you sign up either.

and the original championship manager is there icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RecliamTheKop:

Ive been trying to buy cm9798, as i lost mine, but cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, ebay

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&s...=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RecliamTheKop:

Ive been trying to buy cm9798, as i lost mine, but cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a copy of that! it was the game that got me started on the road of CM/FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

I have a copy of that! it was the game that got me started on the road of CM/FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have everyone from CM2 onwards except 97/98. I'm not sure why I missed that year out icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Didn't SI give it away with CM magazine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did indeed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that, although I didn't load it up.

Surely, given that SI were giving it away, it would be legit to download it off some site for free. It would be nice if an SI person could give official permission and provide a link. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KK2003:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic_1967:

I have a copy of that! it was the game that got me started on the road of CM/FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have everyone from CM2 onwards except 97/98. I'm not sure why I missed that year out icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I've got them all from CM2 onwards - I even had the CM2 version for Italy/France/Spain!

Incidently, typing 'Championship Manager 1' into Google will bring up links to download it. The one I clicked onto then said the game was now abandonware (whatever that means, I'm guessing similar to freeware?). I would link to it on here for you, but if it's not freeware I don't really fancy a ban for piracy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what i can see abandonware means software that is no longer being supported.

SI dont like you talking about abandonware or linking to their sites even though i do believe it is legal.

which i suppose is fair enough but if your no longer supporting the game then i dont see the problem

Archived