Is this a bug? Or an inconvenience?

Sky

In previous FMs, during matches I like to have the Split View opened with match stats on the left window, and my own team's player ratings on the right. Whenever there was a key highlight to watch, it would switch automatically to the 2d pitch, and then switch back after the highlight ends. But in FM 2009, i seem to have to manually click myself. For example i'm watching a highlight on the new 3d engine, and after the highlight it just stays there, the players just stop and the match continues processing, and i have to click on the Split View myself.

I think i managed to get it to automatically move back and forth by exiting TV mode, but, whenever i make a tactical adjustment, it stays on the pitch again and doesn't switch back to Split view. Has anyone experienced anything similar? It sounds like a minor inconvenience but having to click back and forth in every match for every tactical adjustment can become quite tedious over time...

Ugh, i hate it when SI takes three steps forward, and one step back. I actually love the new 3D match engine, it's not perfect, and i expected far worse tbh.

Also this 'bug' is very inconsistent in that whenever you go make adjustments to your tactics, the game 'forgets' what your preferred default window was, and it gets stuck at the 2d/3d pitch again. An easy fix is to "grey out" the match engine screen when there isn't a highlight being played, and Full Match isn't selected, that way it should automatically revert back to your previous window which is whatever we prefer ourselves.

Ugh, i hate it when SI takes three steps forward, and one step back. I actually love the new 3D match engine, it's not perfect, and i expected far worse tbh.

Also this 'bug' is very inconsistent in that whenever you go make adjustments to your tactics, the game 'forgets' what your preferred default window was, and it gets stuck at the 2d/3d pitch again. An easy fix is to "grey out" the match engine screen when there isn't a highlight being played, and Full Match isn't selected, that way it should automatically revert back to your previous window which is whatever we prefer ourselves.

seconded :)

Archived