game seems random...

Yeah so how come using the same tactic and pretty much the same players can give me a 1-2 win against Aston Villa, a 3-0 win against Man City and a 0-1 win against Liverpool but also a 1-1 draw with Swansea and a 3-0 defeat to Newcastle?!! (played in this order; Villa, City, Swansea, Liverpool, Newcastle)

The players were in good condition in each match and I didn't alter the opposition instructions either =\

Um I dunno, Maybe its the oppositions tactics?

Did they all line up exactly the same way with the players following exactly the same orders?

I find ALL these post so wierd. "I beat bah blah and lost to blah." Every single tactic has a weak point. Somewhere. Maybe the AI learns that you use the SAME tactic every game (I wish...) Or, Maybe there is a certain tactic set that seams to undo yours and these teams use it...

Im not using the trademark "Its Your Tactics", More the "Its the oppositions Tactics"...

Threads up left right and center about this rubbish, Get your scout to scout the opposition, and make minor adjustments to your tactics to suit...

IE dont Defend shallow vs Fast Strikers on a pitch that is Massive (ie space behind)

eg, Man U, usually line up 4-4-2. Today they played in spain with a 4-5-1. Notice that? Not the same tactics in EVERY situation...

I always go for paper. How come I can beat stone, but not scissors?

Welcome to the world of football. I have seen Pompey beat Man Utd and Liverpool in the same season only to lose 5-0 to a Birmingham side later to be relegated. Your tactic is obviously well suited to playing against the bigger clubs, but by assuming that Newcastle and Swansea will be easier you have overlooked the need to adapt to different situations.

Clearly when you find a tactic that makes you win one match, it should work in all matches. How dare they code it otherwise.
I always go for paper. How come I can beat stone, but not scissors?

Welcome to the world of football. I have seen Pompey beat Man Utd and Liverpool in the same season only to lose 5-0 to a Birmingham side later to be relegated. Your tactic is obviously well suited to playing against the bigger clubs, but by assuming that Newcastle and Swansea will be easier you have overlooked the need to adapt to different situations.

Oh well after losing 3-0 to Newcastle I've just beaten portsmouth 1-0 and Plymouth 4-0 (so much for that bigger club idea)

So yeah of course I don't expect to have a master tactic but there's no real consistency. It's like it doesn't matter who i'm playing, the game just chooses the result beforehand =\

It's like it doesn't matter who i'm playing, the game just chooses the result beforehand =\

That last comment isn't worthy of a response. I've made myself look like an idiot because of sheer frustration. I mean I was successful in FM08 and felt like I understood the game and what to do but this version is just way too hard and confusing...yeah maybe it's more realistic but that doesn't always equal fun or satisfaction =\

Archived