Which is the best FM/CM?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best FM/CM?

• FM2009
    • FM2008
    • FM2007
    • FM2006
    • Older CM Games
    • They're all good (i'm too scared to commit)

Firstly, this is for Mooks who started a thread asking which is the best FM.

I just thought it would look better as a poll.

So, what's your favourite FM/CM of all time?

Mine has to be FM07 becuase of the a-league and being able to have a decent edited league.

What about you?

Fm07 because it seemed to reach its pinnacle of tactical ingenuity, a challenge but not requiring eons of time to get a consistent tactic, as well as player ageing not being daft it seemed spot on and very realistic. It just seemed the best edition and was the one that got me hooked.

07 vs 09 for me, with 01/02 closely following. I will need to play 09 longer to work out which of those two win.

I didn't rate 05, it was simply too easy, and 06 felt a bit clunky.

One of my main gripes with 07 was that the regens were far too good and there were too many top class ones - it spoiled the game rather. I'm a bit worried the same might be happening here at first glance.

FM 06 for me just because it was the one I enjoyed the most. Took ages to get into FM 07, bit did eventually. Can't say FM 08 because I never had time to get into it (though the few times I did I never really got a good game going). Not had FM 09 long enough to get into it yet.

Each FM game gets better than the previous one, although it takes me a while to get into it.

So for now, FM2008, because it had more features than FM2007/2006/2005 and, once fully patched, was a great game to play. I'm sure FM2009 will eventually become my favourite over FM2008, but not quite yet. It's far too slow and I haven't really got into it quite yet. I'm getting there though... :p

Archived