It would be cool if...

.. When you make friends with another manager in the game, you could maybe get advice from them regarding upcoming games. For example, in my Hull City game Alex Ferguson seems to want to be my best pal. All well and good, maybe I'll be able to take a couple of loans from Man U or something. But imagine if Im in the semi final of the FA cup facing Chelsea or Arsenal or someone, and I get an email or something from Fergie wishing me luck and perhaps offering a little advice ahead of the game.

Just an idea

I think it should only happen when your status is lower than the other manager. IF you're the Hull Manager, then it should be possible. But if you're Arsenal's manager, doesn't matter if Fergie's your husband, it should never happen because he should see it as a threat to himself. Also, top managers are arrogant enough not to take advice.

I think it'd be a great addition to LLM or career games. But if you're already playing the Man Utd or Milan or Madrid of this world, it should not happen.

I very, very much doubt that managers share tactical advice and I'm not sure you would get anything better than your chief scout and assistant manager give you anyway.

However, Harry Redknapp often mentioned that Fergie or Wenger recommended a player, or backed a signing to do well, so I think it is the right idea, but wrong area of advice.

I like this idea.

I very, very much doubt that managers share tactical advice and I'm not sure you would get anything better than your chief scout and assistant manager give you anyway.

Some managers are good friends though, it may not be an official thing but I bet they sometimes share something between each other. I'd also really like player being recommended by other managers, like Wenger did with Bruce. Shouldn't happen alot but it would be a cool feature.

It should be some hint related to hidden attributes, for example some manager, who trained some key player before, can give you an advice, how to cope with this player (he will try to roam free - realted to free role attribute (is it still in database?), or he is so injury prone, handle him without care, or try to wind him - Joe Barton :) etc.)

Well when Wilson Palacios was scouted by Wenger he turned the player down, but then recommended him to Steve Bruce.

So having this in the game would be brilliant, or even say Ferguson saying in a news item that he wishes "manager Gauvner" all the best in beating Liverpool in a upcoming match.

Edit: Didnt see that Neji already touched on it :(

Archived