Why do you suddenly lose or play bad when you restart the game?

Do people get his, when you have like 5 or 6 games you start winning, playing well, creating chances etc, etc. Then when you exit and save the game, come back later to play, you suddenly lose or start playing badly. It's like the game knows you left and AI starts being good. Only when you spend hours and hours playing do your team pick up again.

It's like I cannot exit the game. I've noticed this weird thing happening. If I play for hours, none stop, my team is good and is winning, if I suddenly exit, come back, my team is crap again.

Now if I play for hours and hours, and leave FM running, I.e. not left the game, just keep it on idle, background, play it again later, I can normally win game.

Weird. :confused:

hmm may not be a myth...

Although its a totally different game i know that in Medieval Total war there is a (and always has been in every version) an oddity where by when you reload saves the AI gets wiped and starts from scratch so it forgets everything up to that point in essence.

I wonder if something similar happens here cause myth or otherwise it does seem to bear out more often than not, is it pure coincidence my best run was my longest play session and my worst was when i loaded it and played one single game ?

I used to believe placing the mouse on the left hand side of the menu bar increase chance of winning. Let me rephrase that, I know placing the mouse on the left hand side of the menu bar increase chance of winning. And I know not saving and exiting keeps you winning.

AI not saving data which can influence your team to not win seems logical. haha!

But seriously I truly believe AI does something like take a break, has a kit kat and comes back strong. It's like it doesn't have anything stats to analyse and sits there figuring out your tactics and the way you play.

yeah i cant see how this could possibly be true. Wierdly in Europa Universalis II(which is a game I used to play) this was a known issue, the ai tended to "fall asleep" and not send merchants or declare war etc as much when you have been playing a while but its real time rather than turn based like fm (in a sense). In fm the ai calculates matches transfers etc when you click continue so dont see how this would happen.

My personal superstition is not to go to bed except on a victory, otherwise I worry Im about to go on a bad run, wouldnt be so bad but Im rubbish so can sometimes take like another hour :D

yeah i cant see how this could possibly be true. Wierdly in Europa Universalis II(which is a game I used to play) this was a known issue, the ai tended to "fall asleep" and not send merchants or declare war etc as much when you have been playing a while but its real time rather than turn based like fm (in a sense). In fm the ai calculates matches transfers etc when you click continue so dont see how this would happen.

hehe, yeah I remember EUII. When the game got a little dull and the wars died down, I'd just save, reload, save, reload, and half the world would suddenly be embroiled with war declarations all on the same day.

As for the application on FM...I'm traditionally inclined to disbelieve suspicion, but the number of times something like this has happened to me has become uncanny. I honestly do wonder if something does happen to tip the scales, although if (and it's a big if) this is the case, I'm almost certain that it wasn't intentional.

I think it happens too, and as some one further up said if you are on a losing streak and turn off and then on it sometimes kicks you into a winning streak. It might just be coincidence. But I have heard before that FM doesn't save all the variables that effect winning/losing streaks so it could be this, in other words it seems to happen but I don't know why?

Another "random seed" thread? They come out every year...... :)

Though I really remember that this was conformed as true in one.

I have seen this effect too often over the last years to not believe this - and I'm not superstitious in any way.

Anybody ever searched snopes.com for an answer to this yet? ;)

The fact that quitting and restarting the game makes no difference has been proved plenty of times by the people who save an reload to try and win a particular game. There have been many threads over the years where people have claimed the AI cheats because no matter how many times they play a certain game they still cannot win. If quitting and restarting made any difference then these people would surely notice it.

Some say its superstition. Others say it's actually a real tendency caused by the game not saving a couple of variables like morale boosts for example when you exit.

All I know is it works the other way around as well, if you're on a losing streak then save the game, exit and load it up again ;)

I honestly thought he was going to blame it on the Stig

Archived