Very low attendances in League 1!WHY?

I´m playing Gateshead at the moment.(FM 2009)

I´ve got them promoted from the Conference North to League 1.

In my first season in league 1 i got 2,500 fans per games(which ist still 2,000 lower than the worst team!)

I stayed up and now only getting about 1,900 fans EVEN though i am 2nd in the league!

Even when big teams come still only getting 2,100 fans!

And only 137 Season ticket Holders!

WHY is this a bug?

Normally if you doing well MORE fans must be coming not less!

In FM 2008 the house would be full by now or not?

I´m losing about 100,000 quid a month and if i dont get a good cup run(with a prem team away!) my team will be broke by feburary!

Weird is though the board raised the prices from 14 to 16 pounds.

Then the attendances dropped!

No fans days nothing.

Why cant i adjust the prices?

The stadium holds 11,600 fans!

This is no fun at all!

Even though i´ve got a good cheap team in place who will probably get promoted...(Wage bill 22k per week-which is nothing for league 1!)

Is this a bug or not?

fm2009uyf4.jpg

To be fair, it sounds fairly realistic. Look at Accrington Stanley in League Two. They've made a similar leap up the league ladder in real life as your Gateshead team, and despite a minor boom of 2000+ (scrapping average for League Two), they've lulled back to sub-2000 attendances. Gateshead's potential is scuppered slightly by their close proximity to Newcastle United.

In game terms, it's probably too realistic, but the reality would be that Gateshead would need to sustain success for a number of years to see a dramatic rise in attendances. You got 2,500 because your promotion to League One netted you some more glory hunters, it's a snowball effect. Because you didn't set League One alight last season, 600 glory hunters have buggered off back to watching Newcastle on the tv.

I think 1,900 is pretty good. In real life, Gateshead had 217 in for their FA trophy exit to Harrogate Town on Saturday, and 507 is their highest home attendance for this season.

I don't think it's a bug.

A few games on now but the attendances are increasing again.

Against Bradford i got 3,000 in!

Still not enough to break even but encouraging.

Hopefully i wont get broke and in the Championship hopefully more fans will come!(If I get promoted...)

@CaptainPlanet.

By FM2008 i was using Leigh.

In the first season in the old Stadium i had 600 fans.

In the next season after promotion+the new stadium i got 1800 in per game(Blue Premier League) - It seems to make a difference...

And Middlesborough ist not too far away either...

#Maybe Newcastle will get relegated and a few will come to my team..

Who knows..

Do maximum attendances/local population (hidden values) ever increase, for example with club reputation? Or will there be a stage where you can't take a club any further? Do they change/go up if you build a new stadium or expand the current one?

yeah they must do, i wonder if maybe the max attendance stat in the editor is the max attendance for the clubs current rep. When I was Torquay (whos max attendance is about 8000 in the editor) in the prem we were selling out the new 20,000 stadium I had.

yeah they must do, i wonder if maybe the max attendance stat in the editor is the max attendance for the clubs current rep. When I was Torquay (whos max attendance is about 8000 in the editor) in the prem we were selling out the new 20,000 stadium I had.

It would be interest how the game works attendance/potential. I do have an idea which could make things interesting.

I would have it go on the lines whats the current how capacity to away end.

Whats the avarage away traveling based on proximity to the clubs location to the away game ie within 50 miles 100 & 200 miles.

Now lets see as an example Gateshead.

Finbase should be chategorised into pidgeon holes.

Hardcore base how many fans who would walk through bricks to support its club whether its succesful or struggling.

Then is the financial constrants group who still hardcore but cant afford to ettend every game.

The Wavers. These fans are likely to not support club if its struggling but will go to big games or games which really mean something or even likely turn up if there is price reduction.

Gloryhunter these are similar to wavers but tend to support the big clubs or very successful sides only and dont care if they support rivals and move clubs if the team stops being the dominant side. This can be at couble levels the local leading side at that level or support only premier sides.

We also need to identify population of the region and what percentage would be football fans within X region of the club. With each pidgioned as to whether they are hardcore, financial, waver or gloryhunter.

Although the thing would be complex to program I think it could be huge benefit and more realism to gates fluctiation

Archived