Disgraceful

rfcg

1 week, 4 days and 23 hours since I purchased the game, and I still have not been able to play it.

Tried to get help from SEGA, Steam and the SI admin on this site.

SEGA started to help, their solutions didn't work, now they are ignoring my latest emails.

Steam just aren't responding to my help ticket at all.

Originally got help from administrators on this site, but solutions created another problem and now my PM's are getting ignored.

Tried emailing Miles Jacobson directly for help on the advice of a mod (before they started ignoring me).

Never had this much trouble over a game before, totally changed my opinion on SI and the Football Manager series. This will definately be my last and I'm thinking about looking into getting a refund.

FIFA Manager here I come!

1 week, 4 days and 23 hours since I purchased the game, and I still have not been able to play it.

Tried to get help from SEGA, Steam and the SI admin on this site.

SEGA started to help, their solutions didn't work, now they are ignoring my latest emails.

Steam just aren't responding to my help ticket at all.

Originally got help from administrators on this site, but solutions created another problem and now my PM's are getting ignored.

Tried emailing Miles Jacobson directly for help on the advice of a mod (before they started ignoring me).

Never had this much trouble over a game before, totally changed my opinion on SI and the Football Manager series. This will definately be my last and I'm thinking about looking into getting a refund.

FIFA Manager here I come!

Then GET a REFUND, and put your money towards FIFA Manager. Simple, really. I don't think coming on here and moaning will get the game working for you, will it?

Maybe you'll bite my head off, but.... what problem are you having getting the game to work?

First of all I had trouble with activation- that took a week to sort out. Now, when I start the game without the patch, I get the same "fm needs to close" message that I got with the demo. After installing the 9.01 patch, I click on fm.exe to start the game and nothing happens- fm appears in the task manager but nothing on the screen starts up.

Then GET a REFUND, and put your money towards FIFA Manager. Simple, really.

Do you know what steps to take to get a refund? Like from Steam or SI?

First of all I had trouble with activation- that took a week to sort out. Now, when I start the game without the patch, I get the same "fm needs to close" message that I got with the demo. After installing the 9.01 patch, I click on fm.exe to start the game and nothing happens- fm appears in the task manager but nothing on the screen starts up.

Do you know what steps to take to get a refund? Like from Steam or SI?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-WTDF-9465

Have you tried returning it to the shop?

Afraid I can't return it to the shop as I downloaded it with Steam.

Open a thread in the Technical Issues forum. If you want a refund (and bought it from Steam), you need to take it up with Steam but will probably be unsuccesful.

Opened up a thread there last week, no solution reached or definitive answer whether it'll work or not.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=66145

Very bad stunt on Sports Interactives part if you ask me.

Everyone still had the option to buy from a shop if they wanted to. STEAM just gave people an extra option if owning a hard copy wasn't really for them. It actually worked fine for most people. It was Uniloc that caused the majority of problems.

If you feel that its not your PC (i.e. you meet the minimum specs) and that its actually a fault with the game then I would suggest that you contact Steam/SI and request a refund via the Sale of Goods Act and maybe even call Consumer Direct if you feel the game has been sold faulty. Alot of other people seem to feel that SI/Sega have either released a faulty game (and made people use up alot of their time just trying to get it to work even though SI have tried to help) or have mis-sold/mis-advertised the game i.e. not made it clear an internet connection is needed (as without the patch the game is pretty dodgy in my opinion).

Everyone still had the option to buy from a shop if they wanted to. STEAM just gave people an extra option if owning a hard copy wasn't really for them. It actually worked fine for most people. It was Uniloc that caused the majority of problems.

And what WERE those extra options exactly? Automatic updates? Woopydoo.

What's the problem?

I have updated my graphic drivers, installed patch and downloaded microsoft.net thing and when I need DirectX, I am installing it and when it says 'Installing DirectX Runtime Please wait' it errors s1023 and exits. I need DirectX to play FM09.

Hi,

Sorry you're struggling.

Have you raised a ticket number with CS and gone through a hardware profile with them - is your machine up to scratch?

Have you updated GFX drivers and Direct X as suggested?

Sorry if you have - if you've done all of this and have a CS ticket number, could you give me a PM with the ticket number and your contact details and I'll see if I can have someone help you.

Cheers

Matt

And what WERE those extra options exactly? Automatic updates? Woopydoo.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying that STEAM was intended as an extra option to buying it from a shop if people didn't want to do that. But it's not like SI took away the option to buy the boxed version.

I have updated my graphic drivers, installed patch and downloaded microsoft.net thing and when I need DirectX, I am installing it and when it says 'Installing DirectX Runtime Please wait' it errors s1023 and exits. I need DirectX to play FM09.

I don't particularly wish to help you, considering the team you support :D Only joking, I can't say I really understand why it wont install directX, But do this -

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

I think alot of people who purchased via steam wrongly thought that SI wouldn't introduce their client base to a crap company........................whoops another mistake!

I think alot of people who purchased via steam wrongly thought that SI wouldn't introduce their client base to a crap company........................whoops another mistake!

The 11 million people already using Steam (self included) may choose to disagree with you. I don't see any issues with it.

I doubt you'll get a refund from STEAM. I Don't understand why people would want to purchase through STEAM anyway, why not just go to a shop? Very bad stunt on Sports Interactives part if you ask me.

Well, for what it's worth, I've never seen a copy of the game in a store here in America. Everyone I know who has it either bought it online from a store in the UK, or digitally downloaded.

The may choose to disagree yes but I've heard from alot of disdruntled people with regards to refunds from steam (even a moderator on here said no chance mate!!), the fact they can't take sterling!!!, and the fact that their system is just more software on ya PC. Eac to their own but I initially I tried to activate via them and immediately removed the program after and went via uniloc. Guess each to their own.

Hey, this guy has paid good money to play this game and it doesnt work, i think he has a right to be a little upset. Just because your game works doesnt mean you can give him grief. Lay off him. If i had bought it, and had it that long and was unable to play it, i would be fuming too. Give the guy a break.

If people read the terms and conditions, which they agree to when they sign up, they would know you don't get refunds.

I'm going to close this thread now rfcg has his information. Good luck getting it sorted.

Archived