Cant install Fm09 from Steam onto another Computer!

Hi there,

I purchased FM09 on Steam and downloaded it on my main PC.

Now I want to install it on my Laptop, which I was told you could do.

I downloaded FM09 on Steam and when it came to lauch the game it asked for my Activation Code. I pasted it in and it says it has expired!??

When I installed it on my Computer I did not have to do this!

Help!

Anyone? :(

Oh man this is eaxactly what I want to do? You should have to actvate it twice, it should just make sure you don't have 2 games running at the same time e.g. you play on the pc or the laptop but not both in parallel

This is crazy if you cant as this was easily done before have the DVD either in the pc or laptop dvd drive

Hi there,

Yep Steam is not even open on my PC and it wont go past that SoftAnchor page!

I tried Re-installing and the game and its still the same problem :(!

I even tried activating the game over the phone, and it wont work.

Also I read in the FAQ you have to delete the certificate files? I cant even find the Sports Interative folder on Laptop. I did search for it!

This is silly, I can't even find a number to contact SI with!

Has anyone got the number?

And MrPompey I have heard nothing but good things about the SI team, they have made a wonderful game and I just want to enjoy it!

:(!

I agree, I've bought every release since the first CM on the Amiga.

I'm never one to bitch but this time I feel rather frustrated with the problems, and the response to problems around this new security. On this occassion i've lost money / download bandwidth and usage because I was forced to download the game over the internet because it wouldn't install off the DVD which my DVD reader has no problems with anything else.

If someone just said sorry and acknowledged this and helped others encountering this issue I would be happy...

bump :(

Anyone?

I had the same problem as you. I copied the 'steam.apps' file (as instructed by steam) to a Flash Stick and then copied it into the steam folder in my 2nd PC. Everything shows (all 1.6GB of it) but when I launch steam it shows that Football Manager is -not installed. I tried copying the file to desktop and clicking on that but it doesn't work.

Now, when I launch steam I get a window telling me it is connecting to my steam account but then disappears leaving me with nothing!

My main PC will tell me that another PC has logged into my account but now there is nothing whatsoever as I cannot access steam at all.

The game is running well on my main PC but I naively thought that I would just be able to access it through ANY PC once the game was registered.

It looks like I will have to buy the boxed version and install that on my 2nd PC after deleting all the steam files of course.

Pretty annoying really especially as you have to wait three days for a reply from steam support.

Hi,

Sorry - didn't see this thread before.

Have you contacted Customer Services yet? There is a manual included in the Steam download but for your reference, I'd suggest going here and raising a ticket:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

If you're still having problems please let me know.

Cheers

Matt

Archived